March Chilled Mix

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Bad mood forced this on me, but i enjoyed doing it.
Beatmatching was a bit iffy here and there and at point i decided to speed something up instead of slowing it down - pure facepalm time - but thought i'd share it anyway as its helping me with my reading..
Hope you can enjoy it to an extent haha

Mind Over Matter - Fly Away Like Leaves
Klute - Ashram
Alix Perez - Fade Away
Rockwell - Underpass
Seba & Kirsty Hamshaw - The Joy (face to face)
Klute - Autumn Stone
Calibre - Even If
Sunchase - Alluviom
Bcee - Generations
Apex - The Yearning VIP
Madmen & Poets - Save Me
Commix - Painted Smile
Netsky - Lost In This World
Commix - How You Gonna Feel
Calibre & High Contrast - Mr Majestik
Logistics - Haunted By Her Yesterday
Klute - Never Never

Bad mood forced this on me, but i enjoyed doing it.
Beatmatching was a bit iffy here and there and at point i decided to speed something up instead of slowing it down - pure facepalm time - but thought i'd share it anyway as its helping me with my reading..
Hope you can enjoy it to an extent haha

Mind Over Matter - Fly Away Like Leaves
Klute - Ashram
Alix Perez - Fade Away
Rockwell - Underpass
Seba & Kirsty Hamshaw - The Joy (face to face)
Klute - Autumn Stone
Calibre - Even If
Sunchase - Alluviom
Bcee - Generations
Apex - The Yearning VIP
Madmen & Poets - Save Me
Commix - Painted Smile
Netsky - Lost In This World
Commix - How You Gonna Feel
Calibre & High Contrast - Mr Majestik
Logistics - Haunted By Her Yesterday
Klute - Never Never

One of my favourite logistics tunes. Shame it never got a vinyl pressing.
on the d/l, will feedback later. (y)

Well done mate, you're improving each time! You're obviously putting the time in to practice!

Good work! Love that Calibre tune "Even If"

One of my favourite logistics tunes. Shame it never got a vinyl pressing.
on the d/l, will feedback later. (y)
Nice one man! Seriously it never got onto vinyl? thats outrageous considering some of the other stuff that has been released on wax by logistics..

love these 2 together!
will peep this man!
Cheers mate, ain't as good as the last one imo but i wanted to do something a bit different, hope you enjoy!

Well done mate, you're improving each time! You're obviously putting the time in to practice!

Good work! Love that Calibre tune "Even If"

I'm getting more adept at correcting my screw ups i think haha, cheers man :) yeah whenever i don't have uni work to do i'll get a mix on the go.
yeah calibre is a don, most of his stuff is awesome

Nice one man! Seriously it never got onto vinyl? thats outrageous considering some of the other stuff that has been released on wax by logistics..

yea, intervention didnt get pressed either, something to do about how it sounded when they mastered those tunes according to the man himself. still one of my fav producers IMO.

yeah calibre is a don, most of his stuff is awesome

seconded (y)

yeah i listened to this earlier and i agree with gambit. you can tell your improving each time.
really enjoyed the mix. selection was good and eqing was nice too.

fade away and underpass sounded good. only thing that would have made it better would have been to start underpass a lil earlier so they both drop at the same time. this gives u the breakdown to switch your eq's up aswel.

Calibre - Even If >> Sunchase - Alluviom was perfect! i love that sunchase tune, tried to bag it but its £20 on discogs so i gave up.

dunno what happened when u dropped that neksky tune, went a bit iffy with that one, but that was the only bit i wasn't diggin!
top work man!

cheers as per teddy, the netsky one i just screwed completely, then when it dropped all wrong i panicked and thought id knock the pitch too low so sped it back up - you heard the result haha.

yeah i love sunchase's album, so smooth and well thought out.

i don't know what it is with me and underpass, i just never seem to pull it in at the right time haha.
big ups anyway man

I dont know much about this side of dnb but your last set was good so I'll give it a whirl...

On the dizzle.

Man and I thought my latest mix was deep, Damn Jwood. I'm not sure if you did this intentionally but some of the mixes seemed like you were going for a double drop but instead the drop came 16 bars after the bridge or so. Again something you might have done on purpose but I din't know if some of the phrases didn't quite line up like you had intended. Nothing that took away from the mix or anything. Had the slips that I'm sure you were aware of which is the important thing. Nice rolling mix man. keep em coming. (y)

Man and I thought my latest mix was deep, Damn Jwood. I'm not sure if you did this intentionally but some of the mixes seemed like you were going for a double drop but instead the drop came 16 bars after the bridge or so. Again something you might have done on purpose but I din't know if some of the phrases didn't quite line up like you had intended. Nothing that took away from the mix or anything. Had the slips that I'm sure you were aware of which is the important thing. Nice rolling mix man. keep em coming. (y)

haha cheers man. well quite a few of the tunes i havn't really put into a mix before, so to be honest bringing in a lot of the tunes was guesswork really, thus why they didn't drop at the best times. Wouldn't have aimed to do this, but i thought to myself as it's a chilled mix i don't reallly have to double everything, i need to work on longer blends i think.
cheers for the feedback, i listened to yours last night and enjoyed it, so i'll have another listen while i start this essay of mine and feedback :)

Having a listen now... I know exactly what you mean about uni work getting in the way of mixing, will feedback later.

yeah man i really liked this, alot tunes id not heard very melodic, come along way since i last heard man so bigups!!
few slips man, but nothing major i say sorted out quickly, i like is not all double drops and switches worked really mate
oh and phat selection of tracks!

Ive listened through a few times and your selection is perfect, some great tunes in there i have not heard before. As you said there are a few points which weren't as tight but overall it was a good mix and a lot of the mixes worked really well, for instance
fade away >> underpass and then next wix was smooth too. Even If >> Alluviom was one of the best mixes, two great tracks. I also thought save me >> painted smile was sick but you cut out save me quite suddenly when it went out of time. Spliff's comment about the phrases being a bit out at times is a good point, its not a big problem at all, just bear in mind that tracks like mr. majestik have irregular length intros. definately looking forward to your next mix!

Back
Top Bottom