mapi swift 2nd strike

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
2nd strike by mampi is one of my fave tunes of all time simple but a killer tune. i got 2 copies so thaught id have a mess around playing one a few bars behind the other sounds ok i thaught so have a listen if you want. 4 some reason it created a phasing effect?strange.

im sure if i had 3 decks and 3 copys of it u could do some wicked shit with em. any1 else got 2 copys of sumut have ago and see what you can come up with.

could be some unoficial bootleg remixes originating (rite here rite now)no pun intended.

so 4 a laugh lets here em!i

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1962971347172472/

Last edited:
ye when you mix 2 of the same tune togeather you get a phase effect. think its something to do with the drums but not sure, kos when i mixed gdub remix of ra and d for danger togeather i get the same thing. they must have had the exact same drum track or summin...

maybe thats how phasing was discovered for production software 2 duplicate signals fuzed together thus creating the phase!!i should be a scientist but dont think i know wtf im on about lol.

Yeah you're right phasing is created by splitting a signal in 2, then putting a slight delay on one of the 2 signals...

The delay time affects what sound it makes. Extremely short is called "chorus" - it's used in guitar sounds a lot. Little longer and you've got phasing, little longer still it's called flanging, any more than that and you start to be able to hear the delay, increase it still more and you get echo...

The reason it's called phasing is bacause you can hear the wave forms going in and out of phase with each other... Flanging is so named because it was first discovered when a studio engineer leant against the side (also called the flange) of a stereo playback tape machine, thus slowing down one of the reels very slightly...

So there you go, introductory course on delay and the effects it causes started!

greg p you are now are source and science teacher nice breakdown of the PHASE i didnt no that.wish school when i was there was like this well music lessons at least nice 1 mate you deserve some repitoire

Thanks man! No worries, glad to be able to post about something I actually know about!

Back
Top Bottom