Manu Forti - Blow

hello. i agree, nice smooth tune. i can see you're enjoying the blofeld a lot (imo anything from waldorf is mind blowing), nice little piece of analog, no midi out is a shame though. i esp. like the deep low pads in your track, draw the listener right into the track. the drums need some work imo, i would add some reverb and effects occasionally, but could be you meant it sound dry. as you know, for my taste of music the track is too empty, i would add short lead sequence or stretched vocal hook here and there .. again, that's down to personal taste. go on enjoying the blofeld. :2thumbs:

hello. i agree, nice smooth tune. i can see you're enjoying the blofeld a lot (imo anything from waldorf is mind blowing), nice little piece of analog, no midi out is a shame though. i esp. like the deep low pads in your track, draw the listener right into the track. the drums need some work imo, i would add some reverb and effects occasionally, but could be you meant it sound dry. as you know, for my taste of music the track is too empty, i would add short lead sequence or stretched vocal hook here and there .. again, that's down to personal taste. go on enjoying the blofeld. :2thumbs:

Yes i love this synth and will investigate all Waldorf at any opportunity from now on! As you know im more sample based but im really enjoying playing random melodies over existing sounds, in all honesty i havent even touched the samples for a change... So im getting round to a new workflow that i enjoy kinda glad i took the time to listen to your argument about synth/samples and take some of that advice onboard. Your bang on about reverb on the drums ive been overlooking that a lot recently... I done a new track today ill post below, i soaked them in reverb :lol: thanks for checking man!

You're welcome buddy. Totally digging your style!

Really glad your liking my work... I havent been looking for feedback for over a year and getting some positive feedback here is inspiring me. Btw i listened to your liquid track again at gym today (treadmill style) and feel i was mabye a little critical. It sounds great on earbuds i didnt hear the same high resonance also the disto violin isnt so bad, i think the sound just feels a little neuro for my tastes. Bigups on the mixdown though the bass and variation is real nice.

Here instead of spamming the forum ill post my daily work here ;)

Check if you feel compelled...

Thanks man, I'm kinda flattered :) And in what speed do you produce your tracks? That's insane! :D

Like how quick is my workflow? or tempo? lol

I work at 170 at the moment as a rule im working at that tempo. Ive still to try mixing all this new stuff though. I spent a long time making a template i can just get productive with. So say this track "rodigan" took me 2 hours today. Obviously i pay little attention to mixdown or variation on 2nd drop but i can go back and look later for new ideas.

Thanks mate! I use Ableton coupled with a Blofeld synth and a midi at the moment. I change my hardware around as i can swap with friends. But thats essentially it just now.

I pretty much do nothing but this at the moment though no life just work do label stuff and make tunes... i even had chance to get a 16 bar liquid loop done tonight ahahah.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFCdN8uLSmB/?taken-by=detachedaudio

Off fri sat this week so some beers my way though!

What are you using?

Just Ableton. But I'm thinking about to invest in a midi keyboard. Wanted to see if I am able to keep at it first. The first few weeks and months were hard. But I think I made well since I started and it's time to get some equipment ;)

That's a friggin nice loop mate!

A mid keyboard eventually becomes an essential... i started out using just midi and messing inside the piano roll aswell. i still do at times tbf, you got a tablet? Theyre well handy as a mock midi setup i use this when im out on laptop...

Cheers. im not up to scratch on my liquid style. Could collab a little on this if you feel up for it?

Back
Top Bottom