Mantis - What's Coming Next (dubstep)

Yeah that is quite a good comment to be honest, I havn't actually mixed it down at all yet, need to get on the case, I kind of feel like I should devote more time to some actual drum and bass production though, seeing as though it is clearly the best genre

Like it.

I'm never great with constructive criticism cus I just hear a track and think "Well the way it is must obviously be exactly how the producer wants it, so my input doesn't matter" lol.

I can't really think of any bad points other than, to me, the snare sounds a little bit separated from everything. I'm not sure, but maybe it's the reverb? I'm wondering what it'd sound like if you had the reverb cut off (quickly-ish) after an eighth notes' length, rather than trail on as much as it does. I get an image in my head of the track being played with no snare mixed, but with a guy standing in a hall beating a snare as hard as he can every 3rd beat instead, lol.

BUT, that's probably just me being very nit-picky lol - The track is real good, nice work (y)

Thanks for your comment mate, I hadn't really noticed that about the snare but now you mention it, would be good to cut the reverb off it and maybe modify it a bit also. This is why any comments are great because I can pick up on things I wouldn't notice myself having created the song, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom