Mantis - What's Coming Next (dubstep)

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Yeah that is quite a good comment to be honest, I havn't actually mixed it down at all yet, need to get on the case, I kind of feel like I should devote more time to some actual drum and bass production though, seeing as though it is clearly the best genre

Cyfic

Like it.

I'm never great with constructive criticism cus I just hear a track and think "Well the way it is must obviously be exactly how the producer wants it, so my input doesn't matter" lol.

I can't really think of any bad points other than, to me, the snare sounds a little bit separated from everything. I'm not sure, but maybe it's the reverb? I'm wondering what it'd sound like if you had the reverb cut off (quickly-ish) after an eighth notes' length, rather than trail on as much as it does. I get an image in my head of the track being played with no snare mixed, but with a guy standing in a hall beating a snare as hard as he can every 3rd beat instead, lol.

BUT, that's probably just me being very nit-picky lol - The track is real good, nice work (y)

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Thanks for your comment mate, I hadn't really noticed that about the snare but now you mention it, would be good to cut the reverb off it and maybe modify it a bit also. This is why any comments are great because I can pick up on things I wouldn't notice myself having created the song, cheers!