Mantis - Outer Reaches

Nice little roller you got here mate. Moves along smoothly but theres something about them drums that just doesnt sit right for me, and I cant put my finger on what it is........I think they sound too......midrange......I dunno....but it's really bugging me. I think if they had a bit more low end behind the kick and snare it would fill the track out more and make it heavier.

Great overall vibe though.

Thanks, interesting to hear this about the drums. Has anyone got any other ideas on what might make the drums sound better? I personally thought they sounded quite good because they sit above the bass- frequency wise, maybe I could attempt to give them more low end but I think it might muddy the bass a bit too much

Some nice sounds in there :) Try playing around with the pitch and tone of the kick and snare samples think that might do the trick on the drums

God work!

perhaps layering another hit behind it - not even snare - just something with enuff low end on it - then just drop out the unwanted freq might work for you

Very nice track. Personally, I just think the intro could benefit with a couple of small drops of bass to make it slightly easier to break in. Hope that helped. :)

perhaps layering another hit behind it - not even snare - just something with enuff low end on it - then just drop out the unwanted freq might work for you
I see what you mean, so basically, the main thing is to try and get a bit more low end with the snare right??? I'm gonna revisit the snare later on today when I have some more time, cheers though my friend

Good stuff,sounds tight,personaly i like snare it just fits in tune,instead try to make kick sound more beefier,but again if you listen everybody's oppinion you will end up nowhere.It is all about taste:slayer:

yes - more low freq - just dont overload it - try some diffrent things - i find i f we have drums that lack in some freq ranges - most times more drums are not the answer- but some hits that add just the specific freq needed
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom