Mantis - No Good (Re-Up)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by marcelkennard, Jun 12, 2011.

1. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

This is one of the first tunes I'm fairly happy with, just needs a couple more tweaks and some mastering I believe.

Any feedback (good or bad) welcome!

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Nice industrial sounding snare, although I personally think it would sound better if you cut a little of the tail off it, making it a bit sharper....those rolling hats in the build are a bit too loud I think....Where have I heard that synth line before? Is that out of a sample pack?

3. marcelkennard

Cheers mate, might go ahead and do that with the snare and the hats. Nah man I came up with that line myself on my keys :) take that as a compliment though!

4. marcelkennard

5. st420

st420 Member

nice tune mate nice clear mix. liked the intro, would be nice if the main synth bit was abit brighter, and the kicks have abit more low end in them.
    drop was cool, liked the synth line & melody, everything is nice and coherent, good mix down. like the switches in it. overall a well produced tune. i dig.

6. marcelkennard

Cheers mate, yeah I see what you mean about making the synth brighter, maybe i could try resampling it some more or something

7. delij

delij Member

nice tune man, good overall mix, i also think the drums could do with a bit more weight and the hi hats in the intro taming a bit, otherwise good work ;)

8. st420

st420 Member

maybe before resampling try boosting it around 7kHz. maybe a little chorus, unless you have that on it already :)

9. Cyclopyze

Cyclopyze Member

Loving the movement in intro and that flute melody later on, it keeps it kinda ''floating'' if taht makes sense. xD Other then that, kicks proly need more punch like stated above aaaand that's about it, nice track.

10. underspawn

underspawn Headz Roll

Nice1, I like the synth that comes in @ 2:13 (sounds a bit high in the mix tho, maybe its my speakers), uve already been told that the kick could use some more punch. I like the lead synth too, but it sounds very close to the one in Electron by Nero(and also there is something similar in the Danny Byrd sample pack), thats why Fletch thinks he has heard it before( i think :D)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  11. marcelkennard