@ Manchester Heads

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Anyone got any contacts for promoters? A mate of mine has just moved up there for uni and is dying to play out up there and i know there's a few of you from Manchester on here. PM if you can help :) Cheers!

Rich Reason runs Hit & Run up there which is every Wednesday at Sound Control I think it is, some immense bookings.
Marcus Intalex runs Soulution, at Band on the Wall, but I assume they'd be pretty particular about their residents.
There's a night called Religion at Sankeys.
Also one called Oh My God floating between venues I think.

Just facebook search them and you'll be able to get in contact.

the uni dnb society is meant to be good, and doesn't james g run it? he should be able to get something sorted through that

Rich Reason - Hit and Run
James G/Danny Intro/Davie Dee/Raasclarke - Oh My God
Justskank - Just Skank
Rowney - Sabotage

to name but a few

and manchester dnb is rife.

Innit. Scene is healthy as fuck at the moment.

Like Joey has said.

Rich Reason/Al Sonar - Hit 'n' Run - every Monday at FAC251
Dave Potter (Davie Dee) - Oh My God! - Every month @ Sankey's/K2/Sound Control
Ben/Mike Altered States - Religion - bi-monthly @ Sankey's.
Nikki Euphonique - Sub Woofah - The Attic
Danny Intro - Ripper - The Flamin Galah

Some advice for your mate though. Burn loads of mix CDs and get down to as many nights as possible and get to know the promoters personally. It is the only way to get your foot in the door.

get to the nights, get ya face known, that how ya get sets, u will never get a set at a night by jus wavin a CD in the promoters face, pic a night u wanna play at, and get to everyone, get to know the promotors, all of them are sound, get a CD together, drop it aty the promotors when they can see ya a soilder for the night and robert will be your mates fathers brother...

did u know that i have two uncles called bob...which is strange i know...

Anyone got any contacts for promoters? A mate of mine has just moved up there for uni and is dying to play out up there and i know there's a few of you from Manchester on here. PM if you can help :) Cheers!

Just tell him to burn a few mix cd's and take them to nights, or join the groups on facebook and just message them.

Back
Top Bottom