Man gets 150 days sentnce by grassing himself up....

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Radius, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2010/09/pirate-radio-man-jailed-following-security-scare/

Kent man whose pirate radio equipment sparked a security scare has been jailed following a prosecution by Ofcom.

James Cooper, 28, of Chatham, Kent admitted to supplying certain pieces of equipment – two metal boxes, a laptop computer and an aerial – which was hidden on top of a water tower in the town.

But when a water engineer stumbled upon the equipment in July 2009, he reported the suspect packages to police.

With the water tower on a list of possible terrorism targets, and with police unable to identify the equipment, an Army ordnance disposal team was called in.

Controlled explosion
    Homes were evacuated and a busy road shut while a controlled explosion was carried out.

Cooper then called police to tell them he used the equipment to web-stream his pirate radio station – Rewind FM – and he was subsequently arrested.

The matter was passed to Ofcom and Cooper was jailed for 150 days at Medway Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to offences under Section 35 and 38 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act.
    All of Cooper’s other pirate radio equipment was also forfeited to Ofcom.

Personally I would have let thenm blow teh shit up , I mean what was he expecting...really

2. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

haha i remeber this, i live kinda near to chatham, definatley should have let em blow it up and just kept his mouth shut

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i think weve all done that at some point or another. honestly ive done that. convicted on my own confession aaaand thats just great when that happens.

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

but i learnt my lesson my word didnt i just. me and the law, i feel like one of those types down alabama way, cant read with a confederate flag, truck driving not listed in any kind of register, thinks hes a communist soldier in a non existant war against the government type of man. methlab in the back, moms got the hatchet cookin up the early morning hog type of day why yes indeed.

4. Radius

mmkay Logickz . But really would you not just have reasoned that fo rthe price of aforesaid equipment, one would gladly part just so as not to have to go to jail. I think this guy actually called up thinking he'd get his stuff back and a little pat on the head and a chuckle " off you go sunny go play somewhere else with your radio station next time"...just goes to show skunk does fuck your reasoning.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

oh corr3ection they blew up the evidence already.I just read it proper. MAN WHAT A FUCKTARD SHIT FOR BRAINS x 10,000

5. ONSLAUGHT88

^^^^^HAHHAHAHAH omg what a cunt

''oh hi its james from the pirate radio station, you've jus blown my shit up, why????''

6. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

by prison rules he should also beat himself up in the showers for being a grass. maybe even shank himself, if he resists being his own bitch.

7. Radius

but really..what a TERRRRWWWWWWWWWAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

8. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

What did the equipment look like to get a team of explosive engineers called in? I figure any up-to-date person would be able to tell that this was indeed just a radio.

9. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

^They'll blow anything up these days!

10. ONSLAUGHT88

probably the real IRA

11. Radius

to be fair a box with a lap top and a load of cables could be anything if you watch too much tv....if a load of stoned muppets can remote control music...be worried, be very worried...( you need to join the dots from stoned muppets to crazy terrorist people)