Mampi's mixin?

skittlez

first of all, i love da 1 like mampi, but wot is goin on lately??? His mixing like 2 years ago was unreal, tight double drops, wicked little switching in parts of tracks and overall good,
but lately i dunno. :( Anyone agree?
I want the bangin mampi back :devilslay

hey wait a second.... just noticed youre from perth as well!
you going to see him over the long weekend too?

yeah i totally agree with u!! no one could match mampi's mixing but now he doesnt put much effort in? and he's still playing the same sort of tunes and mixes all the time. he's been playing some tune nearly every set for years! come on mampi sort urself out rudeboy lol

pure clang just like brockie now..not to sure think may be ego and that they have done it all so why should i try..???...i duno the reason but nuff people have said this about brockie aswell as swift..

I tend not to listen to the swift CD n e more. He is poor; poor eq'ing, poor selection, poor keys and even clashing at times.

Now I would never put im on par with Andy but that's how the debate went a few years ago, him or Andy.

Now Friction, Andy C and Zinc are in a league of their own with Mampi falling further and further down the table.

i have to say im a big mampi fan, but lately he has been a bit roughcut, espesh in the opera house set, the best thing about mampi is you know what you're getting, a cheeky lil feelings teasers, a ra double drop and the one, maybe the nine too, he's let is slip a bit but i doubt he's any worse of a dj, maybe its fatigue or something, fuck i wish i could mix and cut it up like him, on the global dvd he's moving at fuckin warp speed, EQin is great, two basslines are better than one.

every tapepack that was posted on here..i used to download mampi 1st..but after recent sets..his choose of tunes has been aberloutly shook lol! agreed. he his still the double drop master you can never ever deny that... where has the old mampi gone? maybe family problems or not gettin enough pum pum i reckon :P..bring on the dam neways! BRING BACK MAMPI!

:rave:

first of all, i love da 1 like mampi, but wot is goin on lately??? His mixing like 2 years ago was unreal, tight double drops, wicked little switching in parts of tracks and overall good,
but lately i dunno. :( Anyone agree?
I want the bangin mampi back :devilslay

TRUE DAT SKITTLEZ, JUST LISTENED TO SET AT ONE NATION BOURNEMOUTH WAS AVERAGE AT BEST. HIS SETS ARE JUST ONE BIG DISTORTED MESS WITH 30 REWINDS PER SET THESE DAYS. I IS PREPARING FOR DISSAPOINTMENT, CAUSE WHEN A BAD BWOY LIKE MAMPI HITS OUR SHORES OF COURSE I IS EXCITED BUT I KNOW IT ALL TO WELL IT JUST CRUSHES YA ON DA NITE. ITS JUST NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE, SO WE BEST GET OVER IT AYE... C YA AT KANES AYE BITCH????

:321:

Last edited:
yea mampi has always bin my fav dj but jus lately he has gon propa shit always fukin up,
i remember sum1 sayin thats hes goin death no joke

yea mampi has always bin my fav dj but jus lately he has gon propa shit always fukin up,
i remember sum1 sayin thats hes goin deaf no joke

Corrected....

Yes I have heard that rumour also. Apparantly someone who DJ after Swift got on the mixer and all the gains where cranked to the top, the bass was on full and various other really poor EQ traits. Not sure of the validity of it but his sets sound ruff coming through my PC. So I burnt it off and tried it in my car and on my system, seems like he is EQ for maximum bass and cutting relativley little bass out.

I then chucked the set into a wave editor and inspected the outputs, was quite suprising. Yes I am a geek :twitchy:

Back
Top Bottom