Mampi Swift - Rebirth / Nerve (charge)

Serum

VIP Junglist
After the pretty crappy Depth Charge EP and that Rattlesnake tune that I didn't much like it's nice to hear this pair of quality belters.

Rebirth is the best track with it's screaming buildups, trademark smashing chunky beats and a nice wobbly rising bassline that I'm sure you've all heard caned all over town.

Nerve goes for some pretty mental guitar noises and a real fucked up double bass riff backed up by slamming beats and some sub bass throbs.

Only problem is that the production is pretty shit but it's a real basic tune so it still has it where it counts

Anyone else find that on the proper release for this, the grooves are all real close together on the record??? Skips like mad if you try and rewind it, and trying to cue it in on dodgy needles is a nightmare!!!

Anyone else find that on the proper release for this, the grooves are all real close together on the record??? Skips like mad if you try and rewind it, and trying to cue it in on dodgy needles is a nightmare!!!

Dunno... I GOT THE PROMO!!!

:p :p :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by DJAccess
Dunno... I GOT THE PROMO!!!

:p :p :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here but I must agree that the sound quality on the track always sounds a bit odd to me in the bedroom. Full release or otherwise. Blows the place up everytime on a big rig though.......

:afro:

The press does seem a bit dodgy

Has anyone got back2basics or music first 001 promos recently
JB needs to get to a decent cutting plant cos every fucking promo i get of theirs is all wobbly and warped.
Bag o shit if you ask me

I find it odd that Mampi would have a record that doesn't sound clear. While his tunes aren't my favorite the two double packs of his I have (rebirth & feedback) sound like they were mastered really well, all the beats and 909 hi-hats come in really crisp which is nice.

Originally posted by Serum
The press does seem a bit dodgy

Has anyone got back2basics or music first 001 promos recently
JB needs to get to a decent cutting plant cos every fucking promo i get of theirs is all wobbly and warped.
Bag o shit if you ask me

Yeah, my whites of Me, Myself & I are well wobbly. The new b2b and Music First tracks dont seem to be too bad though. Playable for sure.....................

Back
Top Bottom