Making the switch from Reason to Ableton - Recommend some good fx plugins

Skuff

VIP Junglist
As the title say's, i'm in the process of moving to Ableton from Reason.. I do love Reason, and workflow wise i can't really fault it.. Although the lack of audio manipulation etc is starting to grate on me a bit.. Was thinking of buying Reason 6.5 as i know this pretty much sorts that audio issue, but as i have Ableton here, i thought i'd give it a go..

Started a few projects now, and really liking the sound you can get from it, although i'm not 100% happy with the fx plugins it comes with.. So does anyone have some idea's on which ones to get.. Looking for Reverb, Delay etc

Nice one..

why don't you run reason along side ableton as a slave? best of both worlds!

other than that, the Fab plugins are top notch for EQ's, Filters, Delays & Verbs. Great for dance music. Enjoy!

Nice one, will grab them in a sec... Yeah def a good point about rewiring, I might give it a go

Take a moment to look into Ableton's native FX that you get with it. Since making the switch a couple years ago from FL to Ableton, Ive found that the EQ, reverb, 3 different delays, compression, Bitcrusher, overdrive and saturator are all I need! Seriously, when on FL I used to use all kinds of 3rd party FX, but I find Abletons so good for what i need that I havnt even reinstalled the FX plugs on my new PC!

I wouldn't bother looking too hard for reverbs and delays. I probably tried every one out there and realised the native Ableton ones do the trick just right :p

Love the fabfilter stuff though. Pro-Q instead of the EQ8 is a must for me and the sugarbytes stuff is good too. But yes the rewire option is always there.

Right i've bought the sausage fattener and grabbed the fab filter total bundle also.. Reckon i'll just make do with those and the standard Ableton ones fx wise for the time being.. Time to learn Massive! Although i think i will rewire at some point as i do like Thor and the malstrom

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom