Making that ragga phat sound

breakzhead

Has anybody been sucessful in making a ragga style track? like DRS feat. Kenny Ken : Everyman?

What instrument is used in raggae for that off beat noise (my description skills suck)?

mer

breakzhead

what do you mean a ragga style track. do you mean the beat the sounds or the lyrics.

everyman only contains ragga style lyrics the breaks are dnb all the way, as with the sounds used

A ragga beat would have a kick on 1 and 7 at 180ish bpm or 1 and 6 if 130ish bpm (if using 16th of a beat) the snare/s are in the same place as dnb so 5 and 13 but you can miss snare at 5.

This beat gives a more jungle feel to the track.

The off beat sound i tink you are talking about is a trumpet or organ as with ska.
The problem is reggae and ska is generally done on 4/4 beat the trump/organ would be a short blast at 3,7,11 and 15. youd have to try mixing the off beat reggae sound and the ragga beat yourself

is this helpfull? your comms skills are not the best! hope i can help.
Respect
:lighter:

Koopa

Nice one that was just the helpful answer I was looking for. No I didn't mean vocals I meant the dub organ and drum beat like you said. I don't know any skilled emcee's who could possibly replicate that sort of style.

Cheers for the response.

Mer

Back
Top Bottom