Making sub bass?

In my mind I see an eq on a simple sine sub as a subtle band pass or band reject filter.
.....now I just have use a flat eq with a roll off somewhere depending on the highest note the sub plays.

Again: If you're using a simple sine wave as a sub there is no need for any filtering roll offs or cuts, because there simply is nothing to cut above or below the note frequency.

What it will do is phasing (not stereo phasing mind you, but different delaying on different areas of the spectrum because of how an EQ works), which can create trouble in the low end.

yea don't eq a sine wave...lol, you don't need to EQ everything in a mix....most "quality" samples will be eq'd/mastere'd already to bang at 0db and you don't really want to mess with cutting any frequencies out...unless that's your objective, to change the sound....it's really all circumstantial. but EQ'ing a sine wave is a good way to blow your speakers.

...mind you if your sine wave is too high, don't eq it just lower the fader and/or side chain it behind your kick or something.

Last edited:
Been having real trouble with all the above. Only used to eq boost between 60 and 80hz on sub but now wont at-all. Also exporting as mono helps, heard ed-rush cracking jokes about owing the cutting house couple grand cos' the stereo signals fucked the vinyl presser!:D

Also check out the later in depth sub focus computer music (not that shit on you tube), he touches on sub bass, the doe's and dont's! He uses Z3ta+ for all his sine wave sub bass'.

Sub bass in dnb is between 16hz-70hz... Most of the jump up tunes dont have sub bass higher than 55hz..........

When making my own tunes, sub bass is around 16-40hz...

Back
Top Bottom