Making drops sound heavy?

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
I've been trying to make some decent tunes using Reason 4, which I love, but when it comes to making a drop it always sounds so disappointing and lame. Any tips from you pros out there?

I've tried that, there's literally no bass in my intros yet when it does drop it still sounds pathetic.

dont pay antention to ^^^ lol
post up somefin uve made itll be easier to tell wat ur doin wrong

Real like that melody in the background! yeah if sc gives you some help on the drop, make it more jaw droppin, would be a sick tune mate.

see wat ya mean bout it soundin kinda weak.
recon if ur beat is a bit heavier on the drop thatd give more oomph.
u could try lowerin the volume on the kicks on the build up.
also try lowerin all the low end on the intro.
jus a few ideas not guaranteed to sort it but shud help.
cheers

u could try lowerin the volume on the kicks on the build up.
also try lowerin all the low end on the intro.

also the kick needs another layer.

Do this (y)

Also, try layering your bass with a different bass too (if you know what I mean?) and maybe layer that bass with a synth sound in the same key of that bass. Too beef it up abit. Know what I mean?

Cheers for all the tips, I'll give em a try when I can be fucked to set up my keyboard again!

that drop was kinda wank sorry. I'd say so some filtering before it, and do an automation clip of the bass frequencies and take them out in the intro. Also, lower the kick volume in the beginning then near the drop slowly bring them up higher than DROPPIT

that drop was kinda wank sorry. I'd say so some filtering before it, and do an automation clip of the bass frequencies and take them out in the intro. Also, lower the kick volume in the beginning then near the drop slowly bring them up higher than DROPPIT

I know the drop is wank, hence asking for help! Cheers.

no offence revtech but u cant really do better!lol

no offence revtech but u cant really do better!lol

I forget to add a drop. I need to focuss more on producing, as I do it randomly in the day and sometimes during homework and such.

I mistake my breaks for drops. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND DON'T OVERDO BREAKS.

Work from the ground up. Get your drums down then get the bass mixed in equally powerfully before adding the extra bits. All your melodies are cool but they overpower the beat. Specifics. Change the snare for the drop (or layer it) Get a full sounding one. The kick needs to come through, maybe layer another with more attack. Add an amen and some extra hats, take down the volume on the cymbals. I'm a beginner as well but there's plenty of tutorials around to get you going, Chase and Status etc.
Nice tune tho, post it up again if you get it finished.

Back
Top Bottom