Making basslines dirtier!

I assume you understand how to send a track to a send bus, then when you select the send bus and go the the left side of your screen where it gives you the detailed track options like volume and panning and there will be an option called "out". Make a new group track, route the "out" to this new group track, then go to your bass track and put the "out" of this track to the same group track. Now the bass will be send directly to the group track, as well as to the send bus which is then routed back into the group track.

So for mid and high splitting, send the same bass track to two different send tracks, EQ them on the send tracks and then use the "out" function to route them back into a new group track and add some final compression to glue it all back together. This is all from the head, I'm not at home so I could be forgetting something hahaa.. :D

actually i thought i knew bout send buses but i dont. i know how to create group channels and send channels to them

only read through bits here so sorry if i'm repeating anything but here's some food for thought...

start with the sound coming from your synth. make it raw, loud and fat. you can't polish a turd. I love reason's Phase Mod generators in Thor for this purpose...

distortion on sends does tend to be better imo. don't forget small amounts of saturation, limiting, etc.

you are almost definitely going to have to EQ out some of the filth if you want it to fit in any sort of mixdown. don't be disheartened - it will still sound fat - just not as fat and loud as it was. you always need to comprimise between an amazing sound and actually being able to put other things around it...

Back
Top Bottom