DnB Making a nice ghost snare

mAEx

Hey,

I'm really into liquid dnb atm
But I need help from you guys with the fast ghost snare between the first snare and the second kick of a bar.
How should the be equalizied / mastered and which sounds should I take ( hats, high-pitched snares, ...)

If theres a tutorial or an older thread please send me the link

I hope you guys understood me ^^

Cheers

For my main snare i usually have 3 layered, one to give some low punch, a snappy snare and a high end snare. When i make the ghost i take away that bottom snare and change the eq a bit on the other ones to get a different sound which at the same time still kinda sounds similar. when i eq them i usually bring the high freqs down just a tad to give it more of a roll feel. I dont think there is any particular way to eq a ghost snare, i think its all about the sound you want

Pitching a nice tom or other perc and shortening it can also provide a nice thumpy sound to use as a ghost snare.

I've found the easiest and quickest way is to get your beat going then find a complimentary REX file and delete the clashing kick/snare hits so your left with the shuffles in between. Tune and process them so they fit nice and bobs your uncle.

Back
Top Bottom