Making a mistake 45 minutes into recording a mix depreciation

yeah if it is an hour into recording a mix just because the cdj spat the cd out again

but seriously it really sucks when these things happen >_<

Im going back in right now. If I don't emerge in a couple hours with a mix, I'm gonna stomp my feet and pout on the Internet. That'll show em.

Another great feature is to fuck up the exact same thing for 5 times in the row (preferably 30 or more minutes into the mix). Then it's the real rage :D

lol, when that things happens to me, i usually go to do another thing...not a good day for recording a mix!!

-----

And yes, it's a bit frustrating when you ruin the mix by a mistake but...imo nothing is perfect :) if it's not really a big big mistake and it's a bit disguissed, i usually go on.

regards!

The mistake might not be as bad as you think, they often sound worse than they are imo, depends how anal you are really

For major mix-ruining mistakes I stop the current track, go back to the last breakdown, continue recording and finish the mix, edit the wav file afterwards to remove the fuck-up!

Is that frowned upon?

Last edited:
Edit only takes a few minutes. Just deleting a section of the recording using audacity.

Going back to the last breakdown is a lot easier going back to the intro and starting from scratch.

don't mind fucking up 45 minutes in, i just fade out before the mistake in the edit and upload. When recording i just go until i fuck up, a mix could be 30 minutes or 2 hours.

it's when i fuck up like 15 minutes in that i lose my shit

Edit only takes a few minutes. Just deleting a section of the recording using audacity.

Going back to the last breakdown is a lot easier going back to the intro and starting from scratch.

+1, I've done this on a couple of occasions, its a lot less stressful that re-doing the mix over again, especially if youre an hour or so in. Just make sure youre at the same tempo you messed up at!

Might have to try this editing business, I've always wanted to record a 2 hour mix but there's no way i can mix cleanly for 2 hours straight, will take this into account.

Yeah, I've done the editing thing on one occassion before as well, the mistake being like 75 minutes in the mix and apart from it the recording was nearly flawless, so I hadn't got the nerve to do it all over again :)

I always record it again. While I'm mixing I almost always think of ways I could have made that mix better after the fact.

i dont bother with all that, making mistakes is part of djing and i like my mixes to be a true representation of how good or bad i am at djing.. so most of the time, i will record and upload and leave it at that. unless i fuck up big time then i will re record. i dont want people to think i am better than i am

I'll keep going till the end- re-listen and see how bad the mistake was in retrospect, sometimes it sounds a hell of a lot worse than it is at the time when mixing, but listening back its only a minor clang, otherwise I'll start from scratch, regardless of whether its a true representation of how good/ bad I am I figure I may as well throw out the very best I can- no need resting on my laurels for sheer sake of it.

Back
Top Bottom