Making a "grinding" sort of bassline

Cheeeeeez

Hi all! This is my first post here...I am fairly new to making music and cannot seem to get the bass sound I am looking for. I would like to get a "grindy" wobble bass (I know that's not a word but it's the best way I can describe it). Maybe some sort of saw wave? A few examples of the sound I'm aiming for are the bass in :

Truly Unspoken by Ultima C (I think it starts around 2:03)
Eyes Closed by Netsky (at about 1:00)
Stories Can Wait by Submatik (0:45ish)

The basses aren't the same but it seems they all have that grinding type bass noise in them. If anybody could tell me what this type of bass is called, which oscillators are being used, the wave forms they should be set to, etc, or if you know of any tutorials that may help that would be AMAZING.

Also, one more sound which i hear different versions of in a lot of songs is a sweeping pad-like sound (again please excuse my lack of knowledge of musical terms) in the background...such as in No Air by Dualistic. It plays like the whole song but he accelerates it once the beat drops. It seems to help with the tempo of the song and add some more excitement/emotion to the track.

Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this subject!

If you look at your sequencer there should be a little red "x" in the top right hand corner.

Try clicking on that.

Back
Top Bottom