Making a common dancefloor wobble on massive

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Looking for some help (seeing as im fairly new to massive) to make a very typical dancefloor wobble. It's the kind that is used by many producers, and sounds like its kinda cutting itself (probably with the use of the "perfomer" tool in the LFO, not sure though). A perfect example of the wobble is used in this tune:

Another example is this tune (not dancefloor I know, but the wobble is what matters):

It's probably fairly simple, im just kinda lost. Anyone care to help?

Last edited by a moderator:
start off with routing 2 osc to filter one, load in a saw-sine wave or saw-square or something and tune waveform to saw. put in a daft or maybe even scream filter and drag an lfo (the green ones in the lower right corner) onto the cut off and start from there. distortion, chorus, etc etc..

start off with routing 2 osc to filter one, load in a saw-sine wave or saw-square or something and tune waveform to saw. put in a daft or maybe even scream filter and drag an lfo (the green ones in the lower right corner) onto the cut off and start from there. distortion, chorus, etc etc..

thanks, seems kinda simple, gonna give it some tries later tonight ;)

The basics are quite simple yes. Then it's up to you, start throwing effects on it, split it up and process separately and then layer back together to get interesting wobbles.

The basics are quite simple yes. Then it's up to you, start throwing effects on it, split it up and process separately and then layer back together to get interesting wobbles.

Yeah ive been looking into making some more complex basslines but it's mostly down to either layering or resampling, and although it's not hard to learn its stupidly hard to execute when your looking at a blank page.. guess it comes with practice, I need to start making some shit basslines and hopefully someday i'll be able to look and logic and just create layers and layers which add up perfectly haha

Back
Top Bottom