make this sound?

sounds something like a saw and square combination, pitched up rather than down and no LFO's on it. The attack is slightly delayed, and it cuts off quite harshly so possibly lower your Release and Sustain, there could be some ring modulation going down but I'm not sure if my ears are telling me the whole truth. Otherwise the bass (sub bass) is totally separate, as in that its not following the lead synth. There also another layer of lower mid-range in there adding some harmonic shit but listen carefully for when it appears, sounds like a square/triangle combo, it's there most of the time but drops out every now and then. There's three layers to that 'bassline' if you like: The rhythmically simple sub bass, and lower mid-range bass, and the stuttering lead. I haven't tried to recreate it but that's what I think it sounds like.

safe for the reply, ah il have a go with what you said. Im still not good enough at this production yet to understand whats happening in individual sounds, like il have something in my head but still cant create the exact thing. Yea i thought the sub would be seperate, i couldnt quite hear the mid range bit, so il have a go at layering two sounds, il let you know the results!
Safe

its a fuckin minefield man, theres a fair few dnb heads who think they're hard cunts, but beneath that exterior they're just massive software geeks. Believe me, it does take time and dedication to understand and be able to decipher what's going on in DnB. Especially since the rise of affordable software, less of it tends to be sample based. Yeah lets us hear your results, I could be wrong! But that can't be far off what I described, another problem is that it's fair enough describing the types of waves you're hearing but there's so many different things involved like the mode of phase between oscillators, how many you're using, what amount of blend, LFO's, Freq Filter automation etc etc... Not to mention effects. Some stuff is so complex that there's no point trying to recreate it, like with Noisia's bassline and synths in Diplodocus as just one of many examples. So many secret formulas out there and not everyone is willing to give it away, not to mention remembering how to recreate stuff. I'll often process and resample (to a degree, I use Reason 3) to the point where I can't fully recall what I've done to a sound.
Just keep goign for it man, you might find something else decent along the way instead of what you was going for.

Just keep goign for it man, you might find something else decent along the way instead of what you was going for.

thats pretty much what i usually end up doing, try recreating something ive heard in a track and like, and end up with something completely different, but still nice sounding, huge learning curve stil tho. I guess most people on ere will say thats better, as its your own and not copied, but its still nice to know how to make a certain sound, and teaches you how certain effects etc are made. Which is what i need right now as im still learning (and always will be). How can i put up a massive sound on here? sendspace or something? u using massive?

thats pretty much what i usually end up doing, try recreating something ive heard in a track and like, and end up with something completely different, but still nice sounding, huge learning curve stil tho. I guess most people on ere will say thats better, as its your own and not copied, but its still nice to know how to make a certain sound, and teaches you how certain effects etc are made. Which is what i need right now as im still learning (and always will be). How can i put up a massive sound on here? sendspace or something? u using massive?
zshare is good for single sounds, because it plays in the browser.
I use massive, I dunno about other people though

Back
Top Bottom