MAJOR MISTAKES ARTISTS MAKE WHEN PROMOTING THEMSELVES.

With a natural affinity for music in all of it's forms, this formidable duo rip up a storm during every one of their live sets.

HAVUKAN entices you with a broad range of styles and selections, bringing his love of bass music to the stage. This high energy and bounce loving DJ/Producer never fails to bring an arsenal of eargasm tricks, flicks and heavily sampled chops, screws and drops! As a producer likes to delve a little deeper, showing off his technical ability within the Drum & Bass sector of things, hoping to be signed within the next year, he's definitely someone to look out for.

HOOLIGAN is a drum & bass fanatic, he combines a tantalising blend of liquid with the roaring edge of jump-up to give you an aural soundscape of pleasure. His chicago house days were some of the best and unusually this influences his sets especially when it comes to vocal breakdowns and piano/synth stabs. A dead cert dancefloor filler.

Using a collaboration of Ableton & Traktor, this pair bring you unrivalled technical sets, creating and producing live on stage.

Also watch out for errors in bios and don't oversell yourselves... Third person bios are also quite lol, especially if you're just starting out. DJ Bios are always fun to read. Just do your thing and if you get noticed you can pay attention to these things? No point in having a sick PR manager etc. if all you have is just a mix on soundcloud.

BORN AND RAISED ON THE MEAN STREETS OF VIENNA, EVERMIND, AKA NICK, STARTED HIS MUSICAL JOURNEY WHEN HE WAS 2, WHEN HE STOLE A JUNGLE MANIA TAPE FROM HIS DAD. IT WAS AT THIS MOMENT THAT NICK KNEW HE WANTED TO BE PART OF 'THE SCENE'.

HE FIRST BECAME INTERESTED IN THE ELECTRONIC MUSIC SCENE IN 1994. IN 2006, AGED 14, HIS MUM AND DAD BOUGHT HIM HIS FIRST SET OF TURNTABLES. AT THE AGE OF 17, HE WAS ALREADY BEING TOUTED AS VIENNA'S ANSWER TO ANDY C. HE DID VARIOUS WARM UP SETS BEFORE THE DOORS OPENED IN CLUBS HOSTING MAJOR NAMES SUCH AS ANDY C, GROOVERIDER (BEFORE HIS TRIP TO DUBAI), PAT SHARP, AND MANY MORE. IN 2011, HE ACHIEVED HIS BIG BREAK WHEN HE EVERMIND REALISED HE WAS BIG IN THE GAME. IT WAS AFTER THIS POINT WHEN HE STARTED GETTING GIGS AT BIG EVENTS SUCH AS SCHOOL BALL AND BASEMENT SET.

AFTER RECEIVING SEVERAL OFFERS, EVERMIND JOINED HC RECORDINGS, WHO HELPED DISTRIBUTE HIS FIRST INTERNET RELEASE, 'TEARS OF EARGASM' IN 2012. THOUGH THE SINGLE DIDN'T SELL AS MANY AS HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE LIKED, EVERMIND IS A FIGHTER AND SINCE 2013 HAS BEEN LOCKED IN THE STUDIO PERFECTING HIS CRAFT.

SUFFICE TO SAY, THE DRUM AND BASS SCENE SHOULD BE EXPECTING BIG THINGS FROM EVERMIND IN 2014.

Quick one from the bio generator, haha. http://www.trickartt.com/imagedump/biogen.php

I commend the effort you've put into that article but it's way too long imo. 2/3 pages of short and sweet info is all people digest these days, well for me anyways. Maybe do a TL;DR version

- - - Updated - - -

and to be honest if you're a producer, when your music good enough, you won't need to do all this shit. Send demos to aims, emails, dropbox - done

If you have to promote yourself you're probably not an artist yet.

artist is a huge word. I wouldn't call anyone "producing" on a computer an artist? I'd call a singer/songwriter an artist. Somebody that creates music with it's own knowledge of instruments and sings his own songs with his own lyrics. Well maybe that would reflect to some people producing too but there's only so much of em I would call an "Artist"?

Yeah! I did actually aknowledge the quality of this post back then by saying thanks :) I don't mind reading through weird writing on forums, chats etc. but when it's something kind of official it's nice to have proper language. That being said it's not exclusive to dnb etc., the other day I received an email from a university admissions officer and it was full of typos :teeth:

artist is a huge word. I wouldn't call anyone "producing" on a computer an artist? I'd call a singer/songwriter an artist. Somebody that creates music with it's own knowledge of instruments and sings his own songs with his own lyrics. Well maybe that would reflect to some people producing too but there's only so much of em I would call an "Artist"?

uh oh

Also watch out for errors in bios and don't oversell yourselves... Third person bios are also quite lol, especially if you're just starting out. DJ Bios are always fun to read. Just do your thing and if you get noticed you can pay attention to these things? No point in having a sick PR manager etc. if all you have is just a mix on soundcloud.

what you're from vienna? :o

OK, I'll rephrase - if you have to go around telling people how good you are you're probably not very good yet.

[h=2]"MAJOR MISTAKES ARTISTS MAKE WHEN PROMOTING THEMSELVES."[/h]The major mistake is promoting yourself, if anyone cared they would come after you not the other way round.

Back
Top Bottom