Mainstream DNB?

to be fair every single person would choose money over not selling out...even though i don't like pendulum for making commerical dnb, i still would do the same thing in their shoes...dnb is already breaking through mainstream but it isn't real dnb

Thank you for your usefull post, I have taken into account what you have said... BUT YOUR JUST WRONG! :teeth:

Explain why they have turned into dicks... What Pendulum are doing now is pretty much what they have always wanted to do... They were in a band before they even started producing dnb.

yeh good point mate think i would choose the money!!
its just a shame that something goes wrong in there head to start making bad dnb

pendulum are representing a different form of dnb a commercial popular rock form of dnb...i cant knock them they are good at what they do, they appeal to the masses...just not me...wish they had carried on making some dirty tunes though!!

One thing I dont understand is that they have done pretty much the same thing as The Prodigy. Prodigy went from making rave to doing the whole live thing and pretty much sold out, and Pendulum done the same thing with DnB but people hate Pendulum and love the Prodigy seems odd to me.

breakthrough? the comercial charts / media are well aware of drum and bass, its nothing new 2 them! I dont think it'll ever have a serious mainstream presence ... dnb imo just doesnt belong next to kylie's new cheese tune and a girl band from a reality tv show! its better slightly underground and having fans looking for it rather than having it splashed all over the media ... but thats just my opion! over the years many dnb artists have had a more commercial presence.. roni size won the mercury prize thingy, shy fx made the uk top 40 (cant remeber which tune it was) so did m-beat! Recently subfocus, chase and status and blame have had tunes played on standard radio stations aswell! i dont think that 2009 is gonna be a year where everyone jumps on the dnb wagon! however it would be nice to go to a quiet country boozer and find that they have some noisia tunes on the juke box lol

Chase&Status are half way there

agreed.. chase and status are as close as ur gonna get at the mo.. against all odds is being commercially caned.. it won't be long before it hits the adverts etc.. i reckon that the brookes brothers album and the sub focus album could go a similar route but who knows.. If you could write an album that could sell as many copies as theres would you? I know I would..

what pendulum did was different to any other artist that has become bigger than the rest of the scene, they are a shit rock band who used dnb, computer software and some help from DJ Fresh to become famous and now they've gone back to being a shit rock band

pendulum aside tho, personally i think the biggest problem stopping dnb from breaking through is as soon as someone gets some kudos outside the scene everyone cusses them for selling out, already happening with c&s and will happen with sub focus/brookes bros/high contrast if they do it, we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot!!

there's a few more issues that are gonna slow it down tho, especially the fact that a decent soundsystem helps, any dnb tune isn't going to sound any where near what it should be like on a building site radio, and even if tunes get played at oceana style clubs then the DJ never EQs anything properly...

what pendulum did was different to any other artist that has become bigger than the rest of the scene, they are a shit rock band who used dnb, computer software and some help from DJ Fresh to become famous and now they've gone back to being a shit rock band

pendulum aside tho, personally i think the biggest problem stopping dnb from breaking through is as soon as someone gets some kudos outside the scene everyone cusses them for selling out, already happening with c&s and will happen with sub focus/brookes bros/high contrast if they do it, we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot!!

there's a few more issues that are gonna slow it down tho, especially the fact that a decent soundsystem helps, any dnb tune isn't going to sound any where near what it should be like on a building site radio, and even if tunes get played at oceana style clubs then the DJ never EQs anything properly...

THIS!

D&B has gotten a lot more mainstream compared to what it was I reckon, Ive heard alot of kids who all they go on about is High Contrast and things like that always puts me off,but thats just me as I naturally drift away to whats popular, who knows this could lead them into the good d&b scene but judging by them, it seems doublty and all they care is that Kanye Wests' voice is heard.

Artists get popular cuz they make trendy tunes and fit in whats 'hip' at the moment, if I was a producer Id get no satisfaction making ghey tunes for the masses, but Im sure the money would change that :twisted:

all pendulum have to do is stop claiming they broke the drum and bass scene and start releasing music under the rock genre.

Back
Top Bottom