Made my first ever DnB tune!! PLease critique

Ok I know this is prob a mess and its incomplete..Ive never made DnB before and only made this in a few hours not mixed or Eqd or spent much time on it.

So many mistakes in that sentence...
Made it in a few hours, but not spent much time on it? Wut?
Not mixed or eqd? Thats like the basics. Always do this.

Last edited:
So many mistakes in that sentence...
Made it in a few hours, but not spent much time on it? Wut?
Not mixed or eqd? Thats like the basics. Always do this.

lol i mean it takes some time in the daw to write stuff and move about things etc...maybe spent 20mins on the tune and another 1-2hr or so moving patterns about and choosing the right VSt sounds I wanted(fruity loops)

Yeh its not mixed or Eq I was asking for critique on the song more than the production of it...

right on the song... okay...

That melody: no. Just no.

That's actually all I can say about it...
I've took a quick listen to you sc stuff, please stay with trance and stuff, that's actually pretty good (as far as i'm familiar with that genre)

right on the song... okay...

That melody: no. Just no.

That's actually all I can say about it...
I've took a quick listen to you sc stuff, please stay with trance and stuff, that's actually pretty good (as far as i'm familiar with that genre)

lol yeh im a trance/dance man..I just done it for a one off

actually i wanted to recreate prodigys its no good for me but got bored so decided to try and make a DnB version of it.

Glad u checked my soundcloud I liked your stuff also really good man suprised u aint got more followers and stuff.

IF u like or wanna comment on any my songs plz do always looking for input as im new to this

cheers

hey ok its not exactly "good for me" but dont tell him to stick to trance lol... i applaud your decision to try out some drum and bass, its a lot harder to pull of though (well ok trance aint easy to do properly either) but if you listen to a bit more of it you will get there in time (and with practice). If you like to do reworks of songs using midis then fair enough go ahead but this one hasnt worked. Its all a bit copy and paste to me IMO that doesnt work with any genre. I can go on about how its not been EQd but the main downfall here seems to be your choice of synths none of them sound good. the drums might be ok but i cant hear them... drums sound like a loop? Bottom line is listen to more drum and bass (mabye watch some tutorials on it as well).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom