Macho Piccihu

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RocksteadyUK, Jul 16, 2012.

1. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Anyone been to Peru and Machu Picchu!??

I just booked a trip to Peru for September 2013... CANT FUKIN WAIT!!!

[​IMG]

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

Re: Machu Picchu

nice one bruv, you do know its abit of a walk to get to?

make sure u've got a badass camera..

i wonder if you can camp up there n get pix of sunrise n shit..

one day i wanna go there.. one day!

3. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

unreal will head out there myself next year. how long you going for? got much else planned for your trip?

4. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Just a 12 day trip... literally only going to go and see Machu Pichu.

Yeh its a fukin trek... but not too fussed about that to be honest. Done my Gold Duke of Edinburgh award ya get me!! hahaha. Nah... im under no illusion its going to be tough... but booooyy!! well worth it!

Well its a 4 day trek to get to it so im told. And yeh... you camp near it and get to it early morning. Not sure about getting to see the sunrise though... although that would be insane to see!

Yeh i might even take a video camera and do a video diary of the trek..... "From Pecknarm to Machu Pichu... DUN KNOW!!"

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

goddamnit i need to see more of the world, i've only left this country once and that was to fucking florida...even as an 8 year old i thought it was a bit shit. Nothing interesting to see, just bullshit tourist traps...and heat.

6. modern

modern Member

Sounds like it'll be good, have a fun trip (y)

7. Catsel

8. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Yeah I've been there, couple of years ago, memories a bit hazy, think I was in the country for a couple of weeks. Lima's pretty cool, stayed in the Rainforest for a bit in some cabins, waltzing round the jungle like an intrepid explorer getting soaked the whole time, hearing shit, not seeing anything. Cusco's really cool aswell from what I can remember.

9. PhorceOfHabit

PhorceOfHabit Seldom

I went there to finish a South America trip last summer, was amazing!

It's not a trek unless you want it to be. You can get a Machu Pichu train from Lima to Aguas Calientes (which is at the bottom of the mountain Machu Pichu is on) for £80 or something, then it's a half hour walk up in the morning. You can go at sunrise, you get let in at 5am or something so you gotta race up a load of steps quickly basically (minor distance though).

Or you can do one of those Machu Pichu trecks which take 4 days or whatever, but they only take so long because they take you all round the mountains, you can actually trek there in a day like we did.

Basically, we couldn't afford that train so we got a cab as far as we could (there's no roads into Aguas Calientes), then we got a locals bus sitting on corn and shit to where the road stops. Then you just walk down the trainlines for about 30 miles to Aguas Calientes. You're not technically allowed to do this but all the locals do it and it's fine, nice walk too. We ended up slyly jumping on the back of one of the trains on the way back so rode holding onto the back of that for a while haha. There's also plenty of open space you can camp in along this walk if you wanna spread it across 2 days. We just did it in one day then slept rough in Aguas Calientes and went up to Machu Pichu in the morning.

Also, make sure you climb Wynu Pichu, that's a mountain peak just next to Machu Pichu that's about half hour climb and gives incredible views. I only had an old film camera and expired film so my photos are all arty an shit without showing much, but here's some from the journey anyways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

place i'd most like to go in the world... badman rocks!

11. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

BIG!!

Looks fukin heavy man!!! im kinda looking forward to the trek to be honest... as theres quite a few small places along the way. Plus a mate of mine went a couple of months ago and left a stone carving near one of the smaller places that he done while travelling South America... so kinda thinking to try and find it and hopefully put a next little one beside it.

ahhh man! well looking forward to it!

12. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Its nuts. My mate went last year. Pics he got were mindblowing.

13. Catsel

u got abit of a long fuckin wait mate! sept 2013? why so far in advance? im guessing time off work etc..

14. bongo90

bongo90 Member

never even heard of this place, looks like a groovy place but a fucker to get too as already been said.

whats the thing you are looking forward to more out of the crazy buildings and the stunning view?

15. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh you know it mate!! thats the whole reason why im going!

As much as i hate to say it.... its almost time for me and the mrs to settle down... so thought we would get our act together and go do this before we settle our sorry souls down for a life of debt.

We went to Turkey just to go and see the Lycian Underworld (Hell) forget what the actual name for it was... but it sits below an old city called Tlos (Where Bell... whatever his name was and Pegasus are said to have lived)..... which was absolutly insane.... had to dive 30m under water.... then through a series of caverns untill you get to the place that you can only describe as the Parthenon.... but underground and carved into the mountain that your now inside of. There used to be an entrance to it from the surface (I think from Tlos)... but it had all been closed off for hundreds of years. But yeh... after Machu Pichu... its time to go somewhere in China/Thailand/Cambodia to see some ancient oriental shiz ya naahh mean.

16. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

The buildings to be honest. Im kinda midblown by how old that shit is. When i saw Tlos in turkey i literally starred at it for a good half hour or so.... its 4500 years old... HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYTHING BE THAT OLD!!?? hahaha...

But yeh... i can imagin what Machu Pichu will be like!! insanely old buildings... and the sickest view!!!

17. Catsel

pics??

me n one of my mates are goin to Burma at the end of this year ;) untouched by western shyte!

18. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

SICK!!! yeh didnt think of Burma!! nice!!

We couldnt find a waterproof camera case that could go 30m for such long period of time!! cheapest one we found in the UK was £500.... fukin annoying... but nothing we could have done treally.

19. Catsel

u got pics from land doe right? ive never been to turkey.. and the people i know who have been only went to resorts, and stayed in the resort.. waste of money imo

how long were you underwater for then?? i desperatly want to learn to dive, but im not confident at all in water :(

20. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yeah thats nice rocks, but you know what litraly fuck all that. espedal, norway. the homelands of ghaal. see if that wont put perspective on things for you.