Machete Overated????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even on the subject of machete, Andy C's Nightlife 4 was a waste of money for me and the only good tune IS the last 1 the new Sub Focus 1, everynody i know skips to that in a heartbeat, and machete is even on it for fuck sake. Previous Nightlifes were better, no disrepect to Andy C has had me ravin played some classics, but for fuck sake don't play machete play something like Power of rah (orignal sin remix)!!!!!!!! tune for 2008 for real.

I quite like Machete, which says a lot since the tune's been around for over a year.

I heard Hazard say on an interview with Fabio that it was originally meant to be somewhat of a joke with that movie sample, but it just blew up.

If i woz a DJ would neva have it in my bag, its a horrible tune. Hope Hazard doesn't start going down hill, but his sets are the best i ever heard, better than Andy C with his bumchum GQ who both are overatted, and double drops suck. Hazard keeps it nice and simple and is alongside better MC's like Eksman, Shabba and the mighty Shadow Demon Crew.

are you on crack?

hazards mixin style brings out the best in his tune selection. Andy cs brings out the best in his selection. But we all know where to go for the grimiest dubs....

I like the tune but its horrible to mix because of Hazards trademark 'Offbeat' arrangement.

I've played it about 3 times.

Not very DJ friendly at all IMO.

thing with machete is u really have to keep the gain down if u wanna double it up

on the uva hand i find its nice just to switch it unexpectedly in to the vocal *machete* peepz go fuckin mad im tellin ya

it double drops well with evol intent and spors stuff

just remember go easy on the gain it goes best as an undercurrent type tune (for want of a better word lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
its a sik tune....but its gonna get too rinsed and become a hate!!!....

...just like a lot of the tunes back in the day!!

i.e pacman

thing with machete is u really have to keep the gain down if u wanna double it up

on the uva hand i find its nice just to switch it unexpectedly in to the vocal *machete* peepz go fuckin mad im tellin ya

it double drops well with evol intent and spors stuff

just remember go easy on the gain it goes best as an undercurrent type tune (for want of a better word lol)

Turn down the mid-range for double dropping as well

its a sik tune....but its gonna get too rinsed and become a hate!!!....

...just like a lot of the tunes back in the day!!

i.e pacman

I know what your saying but I think all tunes can still be heavy if the mix is done well. If Pacman is and always will be a blinding tune and is a blinding tune to be double dropped. Alien Girl for example is a good tune on its own but double drop it with another bad tune and it becomes a monster!
I think its just that tunes which Hazard makes have a similar sound so the novelty fades away quickly. Tunes like Machete and Mr Happy have a big impact but only last for a short time. Ed Rush and Optical for example have a variety of sounds and can re-invent themselves so make timeless tunes.

If i woz a DJ would neva have it in my bag, its a horrible tune. Hope Hazard doesn't start going down hill, but his sets are the best i ever heard, better than Andy C with his bumchum GQ who both are overatted, and double drops suck. Hazard keeps it nice and simple and is alongside better MC's like Eksman, Shabba and the mighty Shadow Demon Crew.

u call shadow demon better than gq?

me thinks u are slightly retarded terry tibbs

I think its just that tunes which Hazard makes have a similar sound so the novelty fades away quickly. Tunes like Machete and Mr Happy have a big impact but only last for a short time.
yeah its a shame...it makes quality tunes in some way disposable.....warhead is still heavy but it did get rinsed didnt it

I dont think so, even tho i herd it so long ago, it still puts a smile on my face every time i hear it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom