Mac software

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I've bought a Macbook (again, first got nicked last week) and would like to produce on it.

Nothing serious but just to lay some beats down, have some fun on the beach.

The last program I used was Reason on my PC with a fairly good set up (keys, good sound card, etc). Worked fine but I don't think I need the same level of complexity for the Macbook.

I don't want to connect keyboards so sample cut and paste is fine.

Any suggestions for simple but powerful Mac programs, preferably with dnb packs?

I've bought a Macbook (again, first got nicked last week) and would like to produce on it.

Nothing serious but just to lay some beats down, have some fun on the beach.

The last program I used was Reason on my PC with a fairly good set up (keys, good sound card, etc). Worked fine but I don't think I need the same level of complexity for the Macbook.

I don't want to connect keyboards so sample cut and paste is fine.

Any suggestions for simple but powerful Mac programs, preferably with dnb packs?

Hmmmm......
Tricky one man, you want a simple but powerful prog that is predominantly a wav editor rather than a midi controller?
Adobe Audition is good for that and i think it allows midi synth work as well (i may be completely wrong though)
Or the smallest Cubase version (i think it is Cubase Studio?) is good and will run on a Macbook.
TBH i think Reason is your best bet but can't do audio editing in it so?
anyways thats too much thinking for one day.........
:dynamite:

If you want to make primarily cut an paste/loop+sample based music try Acid and Sound Forge together. Sound Forge for for sampling and Acid for sequencing.

Hope this helps.

personally i think logic is great for all your editing, and you can route reason through it as well. can be pricey though....

Hey there, I'm a fellow mac user :1: , I'm running reason 3 on my macbook. I recently got the intel path, and it works great! Although if you want to try something abit more simple, you can try using garage band or logic express. theres tons of packs, samples, loops, etc. on the net. Some good places to start is http://www.icompositions.com/tools/category.php?cid=2 http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/
Personally I think reasons sound engine is better then garabands, but logic is very comparable to reason, probably better. Anyway, just my thoughts, hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom