Mac plugins

cursadnb

I want to reformat my Mac pro to default. I don't want to restore it from its current state since its a mess.

If I reformat my Mac but drag all the plugin/au etc files onto my hard drive can I copy all my plugins back into my new formatted Mac without needing the dmg/installers?

As long as you copy the associated files, like skins, txts, or whatever that are important for the .components, but not inside them. I'd say keep your Documents section in the exact same format, and also the Audio>Plugins folder of both Libraries (The one in MacintoshHD and the one in your UserName)

I want to reformat my Mac pro to default. I don't want to restore it from its current state since its a mess.

If I reformat my Mac but drag all the plugin/au etc files onto my hard drive can I copy all my plugins back into my new formatted Mac without needing the dmg/installers?

i did something similar on an old mac and lost everything , id back up all the compressed files if you still have incase and just simply re d.load them back up into your logic afterwards !
sorry if that didn't help much , just saying as now i have to try and find all the plugins to put on my new macbook pro!!.. its annoying!
good luck!

It's not as simple as just copying the components in 99% of cases. Find the dmgs I recon, or as mania said, although that's not a bullet proof solution

Don't know nothing about dem macs, son. But I believe it isn't just the files that you see in whatever is equivalent to the windows folders. Probably some registry changes are made as well.

Back
Top Bottom