m wtf extension

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
after trying to upload a track on a website say reverb sumtimes it asks for an mpeg or mp3 extension or summat like that. anyone shed some light on what this is and how to apply it to a track. thankin yaz

What, you just need to upload a mp3 to them? what's the problem then ? Are you trying to upload a wav track?

edit: sorry for being arrogant... i guess you don't know how to convert wav (the usual production software output format) to mp3 (the web music format)? What sequencer you are using?

If you are this newbie to production, maybe you should still hold back on uploading your tunes to others and just have patience and build your skills a little. And I'm saying that with all respect, there are just so many peeps pushing so low quality tunes to the web at the moment. Of course if you want some feedback on clips that's ok but you could use just sendspace or something similar. Dont spoil your production moniker with low quality tunes too early on: many who would notice you later will just ignore you even if the tunes are up to par because they vaguely remember your first tracks to be horrendous.

Last edited:
What, you just need to upload a mp3 to them? what's the problem then ? Are you trying to upload a wav track?

edit: sorry for being arrogant... i guess you don't know how to convert wav (the usual production software output format) to mp3 (the web music format)? What sequencer you are using?

na its not wav. its a fully rendered mp3 file but reverb is still askin for a mpeg or mp3 extension i cant remeber which.

i jus dont know what this extension is

its most likely the wrong file type.... wav/wma/aiff etc

if your sure its an mp3, maybe you have deleted the extension when renaming it....

for example, the file you upload should be called "tracknamehere.mp3" and not "tracknamehere"

if it has no extension its a simple matter of renaming... just make sure you type .mp3 at the end

its most likely the wrong file type.... wav/wma/aiff etc

if your sure its an mp3, maybe you have deleted the extension when renaming it....

for example, the file you upload should be called "tracknamehere.mp3" and not "tracknamehere"

if it has no extension its a simple matter of renaming... just make sure you type .mp3 at the end

right this is wot i did, i made a song rendered it as mp3 audio as i have done a million times, then instead of uploading it from ma pc i burnt it to cd then tried to upload it from a laptop. jus cunt figure out why it says it needs an extension once its bin a hard copy.......

I use reverbnation too this is what i do m8. render the tune in mp3 format, go to upload tune in v nation, search for the file in fl projects ( dont open fruity for this), hover the cursor over the track name, make sure the track ends in .mp3, there's probably be a few versions of the tune( only if saved in other formats) eg.. tune name.flp, tune name.wav... go for tune name.mp3. select it then press upload. this works:)

right av worked it out mike. because av copied it to cd it has'nt been fully formatted as an mp3 yet.

jus a case of like you say making sure the extension is there beforehand

Right if you burn an audio CD, the normal kind that you can listen to with your car stereo etc, it's not an mp3/wav/aiff but its cd audio format.

whats the easiest way to transfer mp3 files between computers kama.

dont forget keep it simple i was born with only 3 brain cells am sorry.

usb stick is probably the easiest.... but then theres also the internet and cd's

oh... for transferring by cd, burn a data cd not an audio cd ;)

Back
Top Bottom