M-Audio Oxygen 49

Kothy

Hmm, was taking a look at MIDI controllers since I got my check and I was thinking about purchasing one as I've heard MIDI controllers can make productions better and make automation and sound design more easier rather than having to draw in automations your self, I think you get what I'm saying.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio...roller-105629984-i1478112.gc#customer-reviews

Looks like a very nice MIDI, any input on MIDI's and such?

Well I mean, I've been doing research on the M-Audio controllers and they are just amazing, watched reviews on youtube, looked on reviews on zZsounds, Musican's Friend and such and they are just amazing looking. I mean, the extra 24 keys won't be a problem for only an extra of like 40 bucks or so, but def looking like a future purchase.

Ive got the smaller oxygen 25 and it kicks ass my friend! Definately worth the purchase

Same. I actually very rarely find myself using the knobs while producing, although having the keys, pitch & mod wheels is great! Seriously one of the best purchases I've made in terms of equipment! Lots of people on here have something from the Oxygen line and I believe most will tell you they get along great with it!

I just like the idea of having a bigger midi, more like a piano to me, but the 25 is still a nice purchase, but you can't go wrong with either of them!

it wont make your production better but it'll deffinately make auto mation easier... saying that i had a few problems linkin it with cubase but im sure its all good.

I own the M-audio oxygen 49, and I must say, when I first bought it I thought I would be using the knobs most of the time. However, like others have mentioned I also find myself using the pitch and mod wheel in the end :D. It's great to assign stuff to knobs and fool around with it though!

I use mine with Ableton mate, you won't have any problems at all! Just make sure it's switched on before loading up Ableton! For some reason if you switch it on while live is already open, it won't register the controller?!?! Apart from that, it's literally a case of plug and play!

ive also got the Oxygen 25 and think its awesome. does exactly what it says on the tin. the ONLY downside I can think of is its a bitch to do chord progressions as you only get two octaves.

...and I've also found myself using the knobs less and less with time :P but thats cool

haha, seems like a lot of other people aren't using the knobs all that often either, perhaps this stems from laziness to assign parameters? I know thats why I don't use the knobs, not in a production sense anyways - got the keyboard all mapped as a secondary dj control surface though.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, def thinking about making the purchase, it seems like one of the best MIDI keyboards for the price! I like to idea of having a more "full" scale piano rather than 2 octave 25 keys but they both are very nice products, thanks once again!

hey guys. i just picked up a v1 oxygen 8. im in love with it! got it second hand just to mess around massive with. just been amazed at the possibilities available!! has anyone mapped other stuff to the knobs? i have been penciling notes in the editor and just by jamming on this thing im easily getting nice and natural grooves.
probably the best purchase i have made!

I bought my M-Audio 3rd gen Oxygen 49 (the blue one) 2nd hand several years ago now and it is still working like a charm. That's a pretty incredible feat considering my 1 year old niece and 2 year old nephew have both been banging and drooling on it since the first weeks they were home... I've also dove into the internal control programming within the unit itself and it too is very simple to program the knobs, buttons, sliders, and keys to do exactly what you want. So I'd have to say it's well worth the buy!

Iv got the v2 Oxygen 25 and they are well made and the keys feel nice,

I downgraded from a 49 key keyboard because I work better when I'm not trying to kid myself into thinking I can actually play chords :rik:

Back
Top Bottom