M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB midi keyboard

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Must have been a good boy this year cos Santa bought me one of these bad boys this morning!!!!

Been needing to get a keyboard for so long! There's no stopping me now!!!

Awesome dude! I've had mine for awhile and love it! Can't wait to hear more fresh tunes!

Cheers fella. Any ideas on how to set this thing up tho? I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to get a sound out of it through Ableton but it's doing feck all!!! I'm getting right stressed!!!

nice one :D i got a remote zero SL

to setup your keybord, plug it in before you start up ableton, make sure Windows has installed it, start ableton > Options > Prefrences > Midi Sync

then select the keyboard in the dropdown box for Control Surface, Input and Output

now shut down the prefrences dialog, and then load it again (options > prefrences > midi sync)

you should now see the keyboard listed in the section below with On/Off buttons, switch on whichever you need, Track is probly the right one for you, look up the settings for Remote if you want to know more about it, Sync is only useful if you are using the keyboard as a midi interface (probly aint)

Cheers for the quick response John, appreciate it. However, I have already tried that and it doesn't seem to be working? Do I have to do anything within the synths to get them to link to the keys?

Cheers for the quick response John, appreciate it. However, I have already tried that and it doesn't seem to be working? Do I have to do anything within the synths to get them to link to the keys?

you need to arm the channel, hit the button under the channel on/off and Solo buttons, in mixer view, it should turn red, then you are ready to play

the other controls (pots etc) on your keyboard need to be mapped to the synth individually (unless there is some kind of automapping software for the keyboard, worth checking the website), hit the MIDI button in the top right of ableton to set that up, then select the control you want to map, then move the control on the keyboard, it should then link the two together. If you are mapping a VST then its a little diffrent, you need to first add the control from the VST onto abletons display, add your VST, you should see a Down arrow above the VST control area (not the VST itself, but the ableton sectino below the mixer), then hit Configure, now you can click each control in the VST (the actual VST display) and they will appear below, then you can use the MIDI button to map them

I've got the Oxygen 61 and it works fine with Ableton, i never had to change any settings or anything, just worked straight away.

You need to make sure the keyboard is switched on at the back before you start Ableton, if you switch it on after you start up Ableton it wont work. At least with mine anyway.

Back
Top Bottom