M-Audio Oxygen 25 midi controller issues.....please help!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
For the last couple of weeks, my midi controller keeps crashing ableton?!?!

Had the controller since last christmas, and have had no problems at all. But recently, if I switch on my controller, and open uo Ableton, it works for about 3-4 minutes, then it just crashes everything? Any ideas what is causing this? I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the drivers, and the drivers are all up to date too?!

i had a similar problem with my akai mpk board. i tried almost everything and couldnt figure it out. are you using a sound card? i found that plugging the keyboard into the soundcard via midi opposed to usb fixed the problem. chances are you already do this if you have a soundcard but i figured id share anyhow. hope you fix it as im enjoying your latest works!

I dont actually! I'm running via usb. It's all using the onboard soundcard.

It's been fine for almost a year? So I'm not sure why it's playing up now?

in that case im as stumped as you are. All i could recomend is to get a soundcard (expensive option). After my rokits its the best thing ive ever purchased! it was like the rokits really came to life through the soundcard haha

this happened to me fletch on my old pc but i had an oxygen49 old model. cant remember what i did that fixed it in the end.
things to try:
1. use different usb port on your pc (yeah i know but its worth a go)
2. sort out the preset on the keyboard - i think they have a "setting" for which ever daw u use - or a preference - cant remeber was ages ago. when they turn on they go to a numbered setting -reset that (i could be talking crap here but i thought my one had a number that would flash up when it turned on - but that might just be the old 49 model)
3. un-install device from pc - download drivers and re-install
4. there was some freeware software that you run and it sorts the drivers/preset out for the oxygen - for the life of me i cant remember the name - was something strange sorry

gl m8

been using a korg keybd for 18 months now - fits on my desk - the 49 didnt lol

Cheers Jim, will look into it......SO.....

I either need to try a different usb port.
Find out if there is a "Setting" for ableton within the controller?
reinstall drivers (Which I've already done)
or try and find some random freeware with a weird name? lol

Back
Top Bottom