M Audio Fast Track Pro soundcard problems (crackling)

Discussion in 'Production' started by dafo93, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

hey all - anyone know why that when I open a large project in FL when using the M Audio Fasttrack pro soundcard and play the track, all of a sudden there's this really annoying crackling sound like the CPU's being eaten up? CPU usage is actually low, therefore shouldn't be happening... When using generic ASIO drivers everything's fine, it just seems to happen on FL when I'm using my monitors via the fast track pro. Windows media player etc is fine. I've had it since october and it's been fine since a few days ago. so frustrating! Elements like kick drums and sine sub basses sound really distorted for some reason, yet if I open a new project with little elements to it, everything sounds fine. Weird! I'd be really grateful if anyone knows what's going on!

Cheers

2. Robert G

Robert G Member

I've had a similar problem a few time's myself and it's turned out to be a dodgey fx plugin on a mixer channel.
    Try opening the project then unload all the plugin's till it stop's, there's a lot of dodgey free plugin's out there so if your using free stuff start with those.

3. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

thanks for the reply mate - however I don't think this is it. I've already tried taking some potentially dodgy plugins off, but that doesn't make any difference. I use (mostly) the same plugins every time, so I can't understand why this has only started happening recently, so annoying.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

Never mind - solved it I think. Just increased the buffer on the ASIO control panel.

4. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

was just about to tell u to do this. Large projects need more power to run them. When they get overloaded the audio will crackle. :D

5. aditya00seven

aditya00seven New Member