Lynx - 'Vault' series

Which tunes do you like the best/would like to see on vinyl?

• 2nd Floor Ft DRS & Kemo

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Ruffneck Sound

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Professor

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Voyager Ft Calibre

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Giving In Ft Spoonface

• In My Dreams Ft Hellrazor

• Steptoe Ft Hellrazor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amen Workout Ft Zero One

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Knuckle Head

• Keep Going Back

• Style ft Seed & SInger J

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elextronix

• Still

• Out Of Control Ft Tali

• None of them

• Vinyl sucks, why bother its for dinosaurs

• Total voters
Vinyl should be:

A - 2nd floor
B - Ruffneck sound

C - Voyager
D - Professor

E - Knuckle head
F - Still

Some quite nice tunes on this mixed up with some more out there tracks which I'm not bowled over by. On a brief first listen the collab with Calibre was ok but nothing special

Kind of wish Second Floor was an instrumental tbh....

"Amen Workout" is lovely, very original flow to it.

"Steptoe" is really nice too - lovely stompy wonky halftime flow that makes me wonder what might have become of him if he had sailed closer to the Exit shore.

Kind of wish Second Floor was an instrumental tbh....

"Amen Workout" is lovely, very original flow to it.

"Steptoe" is really nice too - lovely stompy wonky halftime flow that makes me wonder what might have become of him if he had sailed closer to the Exit shore.

I really rate the vocals in 2nd floor, but drs suits the flow better than kemo imo.

Lynx doing exit stuff would be interesting but I imagine it would be fairly generic half time stuff with the distinctive lynx weirdness

I don't think Lynx is really capable of sounding generic tbh, I mean I don't really rate an awful lot of his stuff but it never ever sounds contrived and it always sounds like him, and it always sounds completely unexpected.

Big fan of this one here, reckon that's an angle he could easily have developed, although the Kemo vocal kind of sets my teeth on end too tbh

Defo some good tunes in here, other more average tunes, but all in all a good release to celebrate 10 years of Lynx in dnb

Except I thought he started writing dnb in 2002? https://www.discogs.com/Skinny-Lynx-Melting-Pot-Frost-Byte/master/162692

Whatever, 14 years of Lynx sounds good as well :2thumbs:

When you get to our age you start lying about your age tbh!

Think the first thing of his I remember buying and loving was "Time Out" on one of those Renegade Rollers EPs. Still a banger 10 years on tbh

Back
Top Bottom