Lynx - 'Vault' series

Which tunes do you like the best/would like to see on vinyl?

• 2nd Floor Ft DRS & Kemo

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Ruffneck Sound

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Professor

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Voyager Ft Calibre

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Giving In Ft Spoonface

• In My Dreams Ft Hellrazor

• Steptoe Ft Hellrazor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amen Workout Ft Zero One

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Knuckle Head

• Keep Going Back

• Style ft Seed & SInger J

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elextronix

• Still

• Out Of Control Ft Tali

• None of them

• Vinyl sucks, why bother its for dinosaurs

• Total voters
When you get to our age you start lying about your age tbh!

Think the first thing of his I remember buying and loving was "Time Out" on one of those Renegade Rollers EPs. Still a banger 10 years on tbh

Very true, and quite possibly because he's not very fond of his earliest works as well.

Thanks for everyone's comments and to Ayden for making this poll off his own back.

A little tough reading everyone's rather mediocre report of my dnb career so far. Now I remember why I never bothered reading forum posts.

So why read this one you ask? Being someone who hides away from all this kind of stuff normally, I'm making a concerted effort to connect with people who might be interested in my music. Especially now I have started up my label detail again.

I'm releasing vault 1 as a 10 year celebration of me doing dnb as a full time career. And damn me it's a tough career! But one live and breath everyday of my life!

For those that dislike my music or find it rather weird or mediocre, ill call it as I have found it in this ten year career so far.

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

If I write a banger I'm selling out. Or not being myself.

If I write a deep tune then half the dnb audience switch off.

Well I can tell you everything I write I'm being myself. I write music from the heart and just let the moment take me when I'm in the studio.

I wrote a lot of different dnb a while back. Let's call it more 'radio friendly' than you might consider I normally write. I was proud of this music and thought, yeh this could work. Only to be shot down by a label I was signed with. Why, well I can only speculate that it blurred the lines with their other artists on the label. Labels like to keep everyone in their little box incase you don't know. It's more convenient to manage it that way.

So...Sadly someone like myself who enjoys writing all kinds of dnb and (hopefully) does it with my own flavour isn't cool. Listeners don't like unpredictability anymore. When did this happen in music??? When I got into rave music many years ago it was that crazy, unpredictability that excited me. When did we lose that?! Following the latest trend and fitting in with the rest of the scene is something I don't understand. But this behaviour makes successful superstar dnb djs. Like a musical swarm of bees all vying for the same position bores the hell out of me, but lines the pockets of a few while the Mavericks continue to struggle.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's comments and to Ayden for making this poll off his own back.

A little tough reading everyone's rather mediocre report of my dnb career so far. Now I remember why I never bothered reading forum posts.

So why read this one you ask? Being someone who hides away from all this kind of stuff normally, I'm making a concerted effort to connect with people who might be interested in my music. Especially now I have started up my label detail again.

I'm releasing vault 1 as a 10 year celebration of me doing dnb as a full time career. And damn me it's a tough career! But one live and breath everyday of my life!

For those that dislike my music or find it rather weird or mediocre, ill call it as I have found it in this ten year career so far.

Well I can tell you everything I write I'm being myself. I write music from the heart and just let the moment take me when I'm in the studio.

I wrote a lot of different dnb a while back. Let's call it more 'radio friendly' than you might consider I normally write. I was proud of this music and thought, yeh this could work. Only to be shot down by a label I was signed with. Why, well I can only speculate that it blurred the lines with there other artists on the label. Labels like to keep everyone in there little box invade you don't know. It's more convenient to manage it that way.

So...Sadly someone like myself who enjoys writing all kinds of dnb and (hopefully) does it with my own flavour isn't cool. Listeners don't like unpredictability anymore. When did this happen in music??? When I got into rave music many years ago it was that crazy, unpredictability that excited me. When did we lose that?! Following the latest trend and fitting in with the rest of the scene is something I don't understand. But this behaviour makes successful superstar dnb djs. Like a musical swarm of bees all vying for the same position bores the hell out of me, but lines the pockets of a few while the Mavericks continue to struggle.

Nice to see you on here. As someone who's enjoyed quite a lot of what you've released over the years, I have to say it's the "weirdness" and unpredictability that I enjoy; I can never be sure of what kind of track you'd make next.

I assume it's safe to say you will probably not be releasing on Hospital anymore now that Detail is back?

So why read this one you ask? Being someone who hides away from all this kind of stuff normallyed effort to connect with people who might be interested in my music. Especially now I have started up my label detail again.

I wrote a lot of different dnb a while back. Let's call it more 'radio friendly' than you might consider I normally write. I was proud of this music and thought, yeh this could work. Only to be shot down by a label I was signed with. Why, well I can only speculate that it blurred the lines with their other artists on the label. Labels like to keep everyone in their little box incase you don't know. It's more convenient to manage it that way.

I dont think the reactions that bad to it, its generally positive. Personally Ruffneck Sounds one of my favourite tunes of the year so far, the whole albums so varied that some tunes arent going to be everyones cup of tea, but I think every post has someone liking tunes on it, besides Claud that is and if you search "Shut up Claud" youll notice the normal reaction his posts garner

Hello and welcome to the forum.

So Vaults 1 is 10 years of Lynx as a full time thing, got it (y)

About the whole damned if I do/damned if I don't: you can never please everyone, it's a bit shit but that's the way it is and has always been.

I don't know what you mean with being shot down by a label, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking about Hospital here.

I can't speak for the majority but I love unpredictability, and your music has been mostly synonymous with words like 'weird', 'unusual', 'unpredictable' as far as this forum is concerned, regardless of what style you venture into.

Besides, who else in dnb can lay claim to having released on nearly every big label of the last 10 years?

I have to say it's the "weirdness" and unpredictability that I enjoy; I can never be sure of what kind of track you'd make next.

This. I'm always intrigued to hear what you'll do next, a new Lynx release never goes unheard.

I don't think the consensus of this thread is anything about a mediocre career or an artist selling out to make bangerz for hospital..!!:-/:-/

Lynx is a game changer + one of my biggest inspirations , I'm always wanting to get those real natural drums and more funk in the bass.

People are overly vocal about their negative opinions because it makes them seem different

keep it low

"Vinyl..... its for dinosaurs" hahahaha

"Steptoe" is really nice too - lovely stompy wonky halftime flow that makes me wonder what might have become of him if he had sailed closer to the Exit shore.

Would have liked to hear D ask him to do a plate for Exit around the time of Mule and Bangin Arcs. The latter on the back of the tune below made for an outstanding 12". Any other half time Lynx bits out there on vinyl??

keep it low

Always interested to hear a new Lynx tune even though I only own a few. Innovative producer

Listeners don't like unpredictability anymore. When did this happen in music??? When I got into rave music many years ago it was that crazy, unpredictability that excited me. When did we lose that?! Following the latest trend and fitting in with the rest of the scene is something I don't understand. But this behaviour makes successful superstar dnb djs. Like a musical swarm of bees all vying for the same position bores the hell out of me, but lines the pockets of a few while the Mavericks continue to struggle.

Unfortunately sir this is the same in all walks of life now. I must adhere to the internets cool people. I don't even like this stuff but I'll buy it and get 346 likes on insta when I # the hell out of my pictures for the world to respect me. Oh wait insta likes don't = respect? But the cool kids say they do so they do.

"I'm off to buy every colab asics produce (even though I thought asics were for kids that got bullied), and I own EVERY supreme tee they've released even though the quality is garbage."

People forget that producers are people half the time when it comes to social media of whatever form, every single person is guilty of it, when you read responses such as Lynx's & DLR's the other week + DJ Fresh's announcement, it really does hit home...

People forget that producers are people half the time when it comes to social media of whatever form, every single person is guilty of it, when you read responses such as Lynx's & DLR's the other week + DJ Fresh's announcement, it really does hit home...
.-- .... .- - .. ..-. -.-- --- ..- ·----· .-. . .... --- -- . .-.. . ... ... ··--··

No worries man - I think its a cool bunch of tunes, and definitely represents your style of non-conformity (you must have one of the widest ranging selection of tunes of any D&B producers out there).
I definitely think the response has been generally well-received. And I think a 12" plate of '2nd Floor' b/w 'Voyager' (love the little FSOL hint in that tune btw) would be a great addition to the Detail catalogue.

Im chuffed Detail is back!!

I find lynx very visually stimulating, I would pay good money to have him royally bugger me in time to Global Enemies.

Back
Top Bottom