Lynx - I Am Lynx LP (Hospital, June 1st)

Such a unique album, really really enjoying Clap Track. Still going through the rest of the previews.

He's definitely unique. I bet he's one of the few dnb artists that doesn't listen to a lot of dnb. His music certainly doesn't sound like it's influenced by other dnb producers. This is the first thing I'll be buying from Hospital in years... Not including Med School.

aef23b69.jpg

Didn't like the Where Are You? EP at all... but some of this LP sounds pretty great, especially Ghost Train, Chord Time and The Gift. Pleasantly surprised

"Lights Out", "Born Game" and "Genesis" are great!

Liking what I am hearing, he really is perfect for Hospital, has the sense of melody to make interesting tunes, the sense of rhythm to make interesting tunes, and generally is really good at sounding like a modern producer using modern techniques to make tunes that are every bit as quirky and charming and oddball as Hospital releases always used to be until they kind of lost their way after that first Cyantific LP.

Big up all involved tbh, really pleasantly surprised.

Nah, not generic at all imo, there are a good few tunes I wouldnt bother with really, but the good ones really are quality and do sound fresh to me at least.

Lynx tunes always walk an odd balance between catchy and quirky and you never know which hat he will wear on any given record, but I think having someone as willing to do something different while still appealing to the older heads is a wise move on Hospitals part.

Really surprised after hearing this album for the first time all the way through. Really enjoyed all of it!

Anyone know how this is waxed yet? I see it's 2x12 but which tunes are being pressed?

Back
Top Bottom