Lying on your CV

tone090

Bare back rider!
VIP Junglist
I've sent off a few CV's for jobs in Adversing/ Marketing with no luck, they all say the same experience is needed etc, even for the basic entry roles. So I'm thinking of blagging my CV in the hope of at least an interview. Just wondering if any of my fellow waffler's have done similar on their CV's? :jay:

mikey-bizzle-08

WASTEMAN!
VIP Junglist
I put that i'd passed all my GCSE's on my CV and my GCSE results where awful and no1 has ever checked. You can lie on them 2 a certain extent but be careful coz if they ask for proof then ya fucked!

Moskit

:rodigan:
I've lied & exaggerated on my C.V for the past 10 years.

Only ever benefitted from it.

Gotta do what you need to do to get by nega.

turtDJ

yep, just lie, no one checks unless your from another country (i know some polish lads, and their CV's always get mecilessly checked) but I have lied on mine for years, its a victimless crime, no one gets turt.

dnb in ya face

Loud and Dirrrty
VIP Junglist
Well in turt !

Yeah you gotta do what you gotta do, my GCSEs and A levels have never been checked. I lied a lot on work experiance too. I dont even have any of my certificates, I was always too high and lazy to walk allllll the way to the exams office to get them, plus i probably had chronic red eye.

emy

VIP Junglist
People will follow references- I would recommend having some good ones!

If you are planning on going on the Apprentice they do check CVs thoroughly-a few have been caught lying on their CVs. Big companies will check things up.

Just make sure there are no gaps in time on your CV as in one interview I had, second stage one, he said I had a gap in time on my CV so I just had to explain what I was doing in that gap :)

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
People will follow references- I would recommend having some good ones!

If you are planning on going on the Apprentice they do check CVs thoroughly-a few have been caught lying on their CVs. Big companies will check things up.

Just make sure there are no gaps in time on your CV as in one interview I had, second stage one, he said I had a gap in time on my CV so I just had to explain what I was doing in that gap :)
This, I work for a big company at the moment but got the job through temping, anyway a few months after working there I got a email from HR wanting me to fill in all my gaps in employment everything, I wouldnt be suprised if they even checked my GCSE's

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
i dont have to. but im going to start to. not like anyone gives a shit. cept for my mate (hes french) whos got three masters in some social science, they took him aside at a call center and said 'listen man we looked at your cv and what the fuck is this?' and he proved it to them with vehemence. at the time he looked a bit rock and roll. these days he works in marketing in the same company, and changed his look to Beethoven. he made his way from call center agent to marketing and administration and general behind the scenes important guy and all. the only person in the world whos ever managed to do that, this 'work your way up' is fucking bollocks 99% of the time in the call center world. i am so happy to be out of that business, i thank the gods every day for this.

ali^

Bigtingsagwarn
VIP Junglist
i put mates contact details down as previous employers for references. always.
i've done this, me and a mate rented one or two servers out once and earned about a tenner, which didn't even leave his bank account, but i have it as "Operated online gaming serval rental company 'Rainbow servers' for a period of 2 months, working with friend and graduate from Leeds University NAME NUMBER, purchasing and renting gaming servers across Europe."

It all sounds so much better when it's typed neatly o_O

Last edited:

mr karnage

deep inside the jungle
VIP Junglist
i was thinking of doing this on my cv because im not getting any replies. i think its going to have to be done

rob_del_terror

- ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε
VIP Junglist
put me down as your reference if ya like

name: alan sugar
position: chief cunt
address : that big dildo in london
telephone : i'll email my number.

i can do a proper mockney jew accent and i'll say "he didn't get fired, i couldn't afford his services coz he was shit hot, margaret told me so, she even watched him shit"