Lumidee/Busta bootlegs - Hahah!

I would rather drink two-month-old Bong Water than listen to this bootie :hotpants: - let alone buy one of these muthaz!

I refuse to accept these sell - why does every Rnb/rap/reggae tune that gets the light of day get turned into a second-rate big heap of shite!

Its the “Oh-I-dont-know-what-to-do-with-it, So i’ll put an amen behind it” - BULLSHIT! :grrrrr:

I own two or three boots, my Timberlands, my tanned Lugz, Oh and Audio Bullies - which is pretty good :oops:

What are people thinking of “Bring it on - Hive & Keaton”? it aint a bootleg, or is it bootleg-style imo

I'm gonna try and clear this up once and for all. Whether you like these 'bootlegs' (they're not really bootlegs, they are just unofficial remixes) or not, the fact is that they DO sell. I havent even bothered listening to the two above, which is exactly what you should do if you don't like / agree with this type of thing. But i know for a fact that bootlegs are one of the few things that ARE still selling well on the scene. Last year, in the midst of the bootleg frenzy, i know boots that were easily outselling most big name producers and labels.
The sales have dropped this year (but then everyones have), but boots still do a healthy number of sales making it more than worthwhile to press them.
There have been some fantastic boots over the years (and some terrible ones), Zincs 'Fugees Or Not' and his 'Shook Ones' or marky's mix of Sunshine Anderson immediately spring to mind, as wicked examples. It has all got out of hand lately, but it's easy - Stop buying them and they wont be made anymore, its that simple.
And if you really really hate them and feel they have no place in the dnb scene at all, then don't listen to them. again - simple! ;)

There was only ever one bootleg.......................................

?ugee's or not :not_worth

Oh and maybe silence but we'll have to wait and see if it stands the test of time!

Media said:
I'm gonna try and clear this up once and for all. Whether you like these 'bootlegs' (they're not really bootlegs, they are just unofficial remixes) or not, the fact is that they DO sell. I havent even bothered listening to the two above, which is exactly what you should do if you don't like / agree with this type of thing. But i know for a fact that bootlegs are one of the few things that ARE still selling well on the scene. Last year, in the midst of the bootleg frenzy, i know boots that were easily outselling most big name producers and labels.
The sales have dropped this year (but then everyones have), but boots still do a healthy number of sales making it more than worthwhile to press them.
There have been some fantastic boots over the years (and some terrible ones), Zincs 'Fugees Or Not' and his 'Shook Ones' or marky's mix of Sunshine Anderson immediately spring to mind, as wicked examples. It has all got out of hand lately, but it's easy - Stop buying them and they wont be made anymore, its that simple.
And if you really really hate them and feel they have no place in the dnb scene at all, then don't listen to them. again - simple! ;)
I wasn't questioning if they should be made, hell, I own enough bootlegs myself!

I just think the quality is questionable sometimes, these are a prime example, this can't sell too well?

Ready Or Not, Shook Ones are classic bootlegs :slayer:

@SDM you'll know!

Is ?ugee's or not by Hype or Zinc??

I'm pretty sure its Hype but Media thinks its Zinc.

I know there's a remix that has recently come out but who did the original?

@ MC Motion

It was definetly Zinc, i worked at the company who put out the 'Fugees Or Not' bootleg and it was definetly Zinc who made it.

@ SDM - yeah i totally agree, the quality is very questionable sometimes - but you would be surprised, the Bustah one will still do (without getting into sales figures) pretty well. Things like this do well in HMV and Virgin and places, i guess it's either younger D&B heads that buy these kind of things or maybe just ya average buyer who want their fav Rap / R&B tunes 'jungled' up a bit and who either dont know or dont care what the production is like...

By the way, has anybody heard John B's bootleg remix of Toni Basil's "Hey Micky!" track (hey micky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind...hey micky!!" - now that IS taking the piss!!

Yeah he played it at therapy before dropping a new mix of Blandwagon Poos feat Twisteds speech about John B's big nose..........now thats comedy!!!

MC Motion said:
@SDM you'll know!

Is ?ugee's or not by Hype or Zinc??

I'm pretty sure its Hype but Media thinks its Zinc.

I know there's a remix that has recently come out but who did the original?
Yeah, it's definetly Zinc :)

Zinc even said so last time he was on Grooverider's radio show.

MC Motion said:
Do you know who's behind the remix?

Of course i do sir! It was Zinc once again (although the bass line is a dead giveaway!) - it will be out quite soon (ish) on a white label...with a Charlotte Church remix on the flip...

(ok the last bit was a lie) :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom