Luck of the Irish!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Time Dependant, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Ezze one & all. I need some really quick help, I'm supposed to be taking my girlfriend to Ireleand on friday morning but low & behold Sayber has lost his passport!! I got told by someone at work today that I can go to the airport & use my provisional driving license & they will still let me go because it's classed as an internal flight. Can anyone give me some help to whether this is true because I'm shitting myself that I'll get to passport control & they'l send me back the way I came + it's her 21st!!
    Thanks in advance

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

hey Sayber, I was in holiday there in April, flew from Stansted to Dublin, and at passport control they called out "Any EU citizens come right through" No passports at all. This is the same for all EU countries, you just need your ID. They even have a separate queue.

Obviously we had to line up but they arent heavy, nothing like at fucking Heathrow (where I was threatened with detention 3 times in 90 seconds)

You'll be right without a passport man. Call and doublecheck to be on safe side

:mr_cool:

3. Time Dependant

Mesh you are an absolute life saver I honestly don't know what I've done with my passport going to have to find it because I'm hopefully hitting Amsterdam for my b'day in March!! Were going from Stansted to, so all i need to take would be my provisional driving license & I'll be fine right? :banana:

4. mesh

mesh Active Member

5. Time Dependant

Again mate appreciate all the help, I'm going to give Stansted a call later but hopefully this weekend is going to be a start to a wicked 2004.

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER
    [​IMG]

6. mesh

mesh Active Member

Yo Sayber I hope you doublechecked my advice with someone with proper knowledge, would hate to be responsible for bad advice that stuffed your holiday man !

"Travellers arriving from outside the European Union (E.U.) need a valid passport. E.U. citizens arriving from within the boundaries of the E.U. only need official identification - but a passport is recommended."

reference: http://www.gaeliccountry.worldweb.com/TravelEssentials/CustomsImmigration/8-633.html

just playin safe dude.

:-/

7. Time Dependant

Easy Mesh yer I did check it out with Stansted airport & they said as long as you have a valid photo ID card you'll be fine. I wanted to make 100% sure as well so the weight has been lifted from your shoulders ha ha. Thanks 4 the hook up of info mate well appreciated!! :rslayer:

8. mesh

mesh Active Member

well I'm happy then :banana: