Lucius - Runner WIP (First track)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Lucius, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Lucius

Lucius New Member

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to producing, but I've been at it solid for a couple weeks now, learning the tricks and kinks. I have several tracks in the works right now, but I'm having a creative block with this one.

http://soundcloud.com/tommy-everson/lucius-runner-wip

Some tips, advice, or input of any kind would be great! Whether it be good or bad.

2. Local

Local New Member

Hey, not bad for first track :)

Might take a second look at drums, seems like there are kicks and hats where shouldnt be.
    Snare is kinda flat oO
    Make a 3 copies of that bassline, mess them up and use all 4 then, now its just same thing all track, aint very interesting :p

And, u might wanna take a look at all kind of filters, much cooler in intro than just upping sound levels ;)

3. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Not a bad start man. The drums definitely need some more punch as well as some layering (in the form of hi-passed breaks). There is also one percussive sound (maybe a low pitched hi-hat?) that's cutting through the mix a bit too much, costing you some precious. I'd place a conservative notch cut at the dominant frequency of this sound just to attenuate it a bit.

I'd like to hear an updated version of this track when you get around to it.