DnB Lucider - Ascent

I think you could do with something like a reverse crash or something before the first synth chord hits, just to make the beginning a little more tolerable.

Mixdown sounds really messy which is a pity since that bass is brutal!

Progression is really nice, but the drums sound terrible, levels need adjusting, as an example the riser at 3:46 [and earlier] is overpowering everything.

Agreed about that very first sound, nice call! Though I do tend to go for ease of cuing and all since no one will hear the intro...

Not quite sure what the problem with the drums is. I have automated the kick drum level on most of the rolls since it will dip the master limiter too much. In general, they are all clipped to hell on purpose as seems to be (unfortunately) fashionable these days with this sorta upfront style.

Spent a bit of time with the mixdown, specifics would be helpful, any second opinions? I can hear all of the different elements, bass, drums, melodic, harmonic - pretty satisfactory compared to what I started with. Wish that the 909 toms punched through a bit more. Maybe I should just crank the master louder, lol...aw just put me out of my misery.

Thanks,
J.P.

Back
Top Bottom