Lucid Dreaming ... ???

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Feb 18, 2010.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

anyone know much on the subject ? , anyone have the ability to put themselves in the lucid state ?? .. anyone have any book or anything on it ? ...

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

ive lucid dreams quite alot actually. when a dream gets too nightmareish ill sometimes snap out of it, realize its all a dream and start flying. i fly alot when i get lucid, but never like will smith in hancock, its more like swimming in the air or like a big lift of about ten meters after which ill sometimes diagonally slide down or fall. ive tried to open books and operate light switches and look at the clock in my dreams which looks very funny indeed. once on the train i looked out the window and really took the time to see what the landscape was like, and it was like fused bits of merged bits of landscape from different places ive been. i hear if you eat tomato and cheese before sleep youll get weird dreams. watch waking life, its kind of a a a guide on lucid dreaming

3. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Swear there was a thread on it before.

Not entirely sure what it even is.

Is it something to do with controlling your dreams?

4. logikz

yup, literally

5. EWOKS

ok cheers.. yea ill check waking life .. a film right ?.. ill look into it , i have crazy dreams after eating cheese, its due to a chemical that is released when the body is breaking down the cheese, you have to over work to break it down, thus the brain activity is hightened, thus dreams become more vivid .. its ust because cheese is so dense and heavy, you gotta work to digest it , and if your asleep while this is happening then your brain goes on a mission.

6. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I never even remember dreams. I wake up, thinking what a fucked up dream it was, then 2 seconds later it's gone.

7. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

Yeah I used to be well into this crap when I was a bit younger.

Start by making a dream diary, basically the moment you wake up in the morning you write down every dream you remember. Come back half and hour later and not only won't you remember the dream you've written, but half the time you don't remember writing them. Anyway do that for a few weeks + meditiation before you go to sleep and it's not actually that hard to acheive a lucid dream state.

Good luck.

8. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

yes mate. spot on. waking life is my favourite!!

Gzero is on point aswell.
    started keeping a dream log of every dream i can recall, and as a result i have had 4 lucid experiances so far... in 2 months. but i havnt mastered them yet.. far from it!

you have to train yourself to do it, its like catching up with your dreams

but eventually you are able to start realize the only way you could be in that situation your in is that your dreaming, and then you take complete control....the first time i realized i just started levitating in my dream...the most common thing i do is decide to run at the speed of light, i havnt started flying yet.. but i have jumped up entire sets of stairs, stolen a guys girlfriend and shagged her once ;) hha

waking life would be a great film if you are into philosophy aswell man i urge everyone to check it out!!

9. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

If you're into your existentialist films then you might want to check out "I Heart Huckabees" as well.

10. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i find that vallium makes me have really vivid lucid dreams that i am able to assert some kind of control over.
    one in particular i rember realising i was in a dream and realised i could do anything i wanted, so i showed off to some ppl (in the dream) by floating up to the ceiling and bobbing around up there for the rest of the dream feeling throughaly thriled with myself.

11. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

I get this as well.. tis the point before your asleep but your not awake. I can have a weird dream and wake my self up half way or when ever. I also get convos (with no images) going on, nothing to do with me or anyone i know. Just random people having a chat about various stuff. very weird.

12. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

right this will sound odd - but do u ever get it when ur in a really shallow / light sleep, and u have this idea that you have to do something, and in ur mind it seems really important, but i cant work out what it is.... for example, the most common one i have involves me rolling from side to side, in my half alseep mind this seems like the most important thing to do, and seems like there is another reason for me doing it.... like sorting things into sides, or dealing with two things at once....

do i sound crazy or do u know what i mean?

13. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

i know what you mean mate, i dont get it tho. I hope its not in the skitzophrenic way! ha!

14. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

Some people on this page sound like they've been taking Ketamine, it does this sort of shit to ya.

Fuck that drug.

15. Turtles

Turtles Member

i wanted to start this, i get the most wacky fucked up dreams and being able to control them would be sick. keep forgetting to keep a dream diary though.

16. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i have never and will never take this drug.... its designed to knock out horses.... i am not a horse

17. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

fucking lol.

18. logikz

i have been known to be a bit of a horse on occasion. can be kind of dreamy when it really kicks in

19. EWOKS

if i read the words ' Dream Diary ' again in this thread, i will be forced to milk myself

20. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

logikz: ever had sleep paralysis? ketamine FUCKS with your sleeping habits in a weird way.

Not for me anyways, was rushin my tits off at like 4am when I got home and thought "I know, I'll have a nice relaxing line of K". Ended up doing some hench coke++ sized madness of a line. What followed was GENUINLY the most terrifying experience of my life.

Never again.