Lp Record (Crackling) vst??

B

BDS

looking for something to grit up my beats like in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2HGirawJw

any other suggestions of how to get sounds to dirty up beats would be very much appreciated.

also in this you'll notice his percussion in the background sounds very sharp almost like its floating in the background, any help with how to get that effect is also appreciated.

cheers :)

I think I have crackling recorded somewhere I could upload for you. But only if you can't just record some of your dirty vinyls yourself. Trust me, if you do everything by yourself, it feels so much rewarding once you finish a tune and think, I did this all without a shitload of loops and and all.

meh, ye sure, do it yourself, and bask at how awesomely geeky you are..
or
just use this badboy.
screenshot.jpg

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/Vinyl/download.asp

you need to register and fill some sort of survey thing, but other than that its free, and well worth it. all the pop, scratches, and crackles you want, and more.
(y)

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl/iZotope_Vinyl_Setup.exe

For windows

A few things to note about this plug-in:

1) Check out the help, especially the "Quick Start - 10 Steps to Lo-Fi".

2) One of iZotope Vinyl's many "lo-fi" controls is a unique "Warp" function that allows you to simulate the effect of a warped record. Not all host applications support this function, though. Therefore, for DirectX the Warp control is off by default. You can right click anywhere in the plug-in and uncheck the "Disable Warping" menu item to try it, although if the host application doesn't support warping the audio will either sound terrible (not "lo-fi" terrible, just terrible) or even worse the host application could crash. Even if your favorite application doesn't support warping, you can still use the rest of iZotope Vinyl's lo-fi controls with the warping disabled.

3) You should think of iZotope Vinyl more as a sound design tool than an effect that you simply turn on. In other words, to get the best results you need to experiment with mixing scratches and dust while adjusting other properties. Spend some time getting familiar with how the controls work together, and you'll be able to get some very realistic results.

4) Enjoy it, but don't use it on everything -- kind of like that hot mustard you get with Chinese food.

Now you DONT have to sign up for that shit. :)

EDIT: fuckit you need a password, sign up. But if you want, save time and have the download running in the background

Last edited:
I want to get the rza style production from 36 chambers and gza's liquid swords so this thing goes a long way to helping get that dirty vintage type sound.

I want to get the rza style production from 36 chambers and gza's liquid swords so this thing goes a long way to helping get that dirty vintage type sound.

Use an exciter, and some have an oldskool setting.

Other than that, go look for free plugins that do what you want. There are tons, google some

Back
Top Bottom