Loxy & Ink - "Twisted 3rd Mind"

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
"Twisted 3rd Mind" - Loxy & Ink (Metalheadz)

Ive been waiting for this one for a loooong time!!! I remember when a mate first told me about "a stonking new Loxy & Ink ep coming out on Metalheadz" - first came the excitment, then came the impatience, then when my mate got a copy on promo, came the jealousy! Fans of their style will know what to expect from this double pack: hard-hitting breaks, rolling basslines, heavy atmospherics - their trademarks are stamped all over this one!
My personal favourite on here would have to be the final track: the haunting "Deltaras". As anyone who has heard this tune will know, it really does cause damage on the dance floor. Starting with an atmospheric superman-ish intro before building into a stop-start break, this tune deserves anthem status. Also to look forward to, you have the opening track "Twisted 3rd Mind", with its dark rumblings - play this over a loud system and you'll see what I mean!
The other two tunes on the ep, "Shine" and "Skitzaphonic", don't do as much for me as the previous two I've mentioned, but that is not to say that they are not good, solid tunes in their own right. Accessible is another word I'd use to describe these, with sultry female harmonies complimenting the rhythyms every step of the way.
In all another stormer from Loxy and Ink, but after their Quasimodo ep (Renegade Hardware) or other previous offerings, what did you expect?

Mulla
(9.4.2002)

This was the best double pack I bought in ages. I like all four tracks equaly as much which is really something. The tune you mentioned "Delta(something)" is kinda weird. It boarders on trance yet it sounds cool. It reminds me of the music in Blade Runner which is I guess why I dig it so.

Back
Top Bottom