Loved Ones - Jazz/Liquid tune

The sub feels nice but i think it needs a bassline and add more vocals. like a singer perhaps? a little wub wub woh woh here and there :)

Think it sounds beautifully laid back. Production is pretty clean, the drums are perfect for this sort of vibe, little envious on that point :)

Only thing I can really say is that for me it lacks an obvious hook, the piano sample changes constantly throughout the whole track. That said its great that you can get so much variety out of the sample and it certainly fits the mood. For me I would have used a smaller (and slightly more repetative) piece of the sample and added variation around it with some pads, drum changes, etc.. Each to their own though, feel free to completely ignore me as I'm a complete novice at all this!

Overall I think its a great piece of work and really enjoyed listening to it. Love it if you could return the feedback on my latest efforts as I think we are on a similar kind of vibe!

@Terrell_M thanks for the feedback. Yeah thought about switching up the bass. But then I thought I should just keep it simple for an easier mixdown....maybe its too simple. A midrangey wobble following / reponding to the the bass might do the trick

@Rounder RG nice one for the kind words... First time I really played around with gating and clipping the hits in the break...following one of fanus recent tutorials.

Yeah I see what you mean regarding a hook.... I guess I battle between trying to make something more "musical" versus something more for the dancefloor... Had a Dave Owen / Sevin style in my mind when writing this..not sure if got there or not though!

Yep will be sure to look out for your posts... Cheers ;)

really nice tune man like it! Piano loop is cool but i think it would work a bit better with a more hooky loop if that makes sense

also if you were aiming for dave owen/sevin i think you did well!

Last edited:
Nice and melodic but I would like more variation. You have an interesting sax hint on 1:40 and 3:28, might be nice to develop this idea.

I love this vibe it has so much soul, but I guess like Rounder said it doesn't have a catchy hook for the piano which is a bit of a shame, but i enjoy the switch up with the jazz notes..

great production though man. will follow

I agree to the above comments, nice dreamy tune. good intro and overall flow of the track. to me ears, the drums need work. maybe you can try to EQ to have them sit better in the mix. also, the guitars and piano starting around 1:30min do not harmonise very well, dunno what it is but it sounds slightly off key to me, i could be wrong ion this. pls check. otherwise, nice easy going tune. like it ! :)

Reading all the comments and enjoying your track I know what you need. A solo instrument to go along. Try a sax, trumpet, or a maybe a Les Paul. And a nice lady or a good speech from some fanatic preacherfool lying about his Faith. you know, oldskool vocals

Back
Top Bottom