LOVE THANG (fratanize remix)

thats a shit analogy, NI massive is a synth ok rock?
to compare a synth to a cd full of pre-fab sounds a professional producer made, claiming its 'almost the same thing' is preposterous. synth is an instrument and the difference is astronomical. specially massive which has near inifinite modulation possibilities.

this is not about nutone.

a sample CD, or a pack as it were, a more accurate comparison is the drum and bass EJAY.
no difference really, pre-fab loops and hits, just whack them on there and out comes a tune. and then what have you accomplished?
i dont think EJAY minds at all either, in fact i beleive theyre pretty damn pleased with it.

there is a big market for EJAY too, doesnt necessarily mean you should fucking use it.

yes, everyone has used a sample cd at some point but there is a vital difference in the method:

you take a sample from anywhere, anywhere at all, process it, put it in a context, make it your own, this is i do not have a quarrel with, in fact, this is how its done in electronic music.

using a sample pack for your tune, without doing anything with the sounds, is not you making music, any more than using EJAY is. it sounds like music, it is in a way, but you as an artist has accomplished precisely nothing.
you as a playstation3 player might have clicked together a pretty swinging diddy. high score. bonus.

the sound gets crooked too, compare it to painting,
you have your canvas, right, a little collage of deep brown faeces colors youve smeared on there with some dark blue or whatever you found in the back of the shed, right, thats your tune,
and then somebodys stapled three hundred euro bills to it in the middle.
thats the sample pack you bought.

if everyone had the same attitude as me there wouldnt be a market for sample cds, that much is true
and the music would be all the more original for it.

ill clarify, if we make our own sounds, instead of using the same sample packs, your tune and mine will come out different from each other (originality, diversity, creativity, ) and youll benefit as a producer as well being that you have to make it sound good all by yourself.

i spend alot of time making my sounds, i do it everyday and ive got gear, i accumulated over the years that i like to use for it, you might say its a hobby of mine.
or a passion even, and to call my reasoning blunt in this matter is far from the truth.

its not about nutone, wether nutone is bothered with you using his sample,
or if you should be proud over producing with such 'meagre' means are both just as doubtful.

i wrote tunes for a long time using nothing but cooledit96, modplug tracker with generic PC speakers. at my moms house.
same as alot of us did, serum, grits, dbs, splinter, phuture-t, hi-lar, hipnotic, the list goes on to mickey finn and aphrodite.
they all wrote awesome tunes back then and still do.

yeh i totally agree with your point about using the plain straight up samples.... its not about that.... process the sample before using it of course!! but with a piano sound... its hard to process it and make it sound different with out making it non-piano like if you know what i mean??

as relevant and true is this topic, can i ask it goes somewhere else? i want opinions on my tune, not the jeremy kyle show. i dont disagree with what you have said logikz.
Your attitude is comendable but filling my thread with opinions about pre-fab samples is not on. please argue on a seperate thread or pm.
peace and respect crew

cool tune mate!
an usin samples u bought is fine wats the problem!
they wouldnt be sold if they wernt to be used
an how u use em is up to you!

as relevant and true is this topic, can i ask it goes somewhere else? i want opinions on my tune, not the jeremy kyle show. i dont disagree with what you have said logikz.
Your attitude is comendable but filling my thread with opinions about pre-fab samples is not on. please argue on a seperate thread or pm.
peace and respect crew

coolio my fro!

sweet tune man, really nice vibe on the intro, then nice switch to something a little harder, really nice stuff. the transitions are really good man, when it changes back to the piano and drums from the bass, works really nicely. i find these quite tricky, so big up

Back
Top Bottom