Lost Love (My first liquid attempt)

not quite feeling the drums, though i like the punchy low part of the snart. nice atmospheric vibe! and well done sequencing.

Love the piano in the intro, drums dont quite sound right although I cant put my finger on what it is....

Nice rolling bassline, and lush pad work......Again that piano is real nice. Just the drumwork lets it down for me.

those drums would work well with fast punchy basslines, neuro style, but for liquid, they need bigger tails, having said that, the mixdown is a bit wonky, it could be that it will glue together nicely with a better mixdown, your bass is very prominant around the same freqz as the snare, which leaves the snare sounding to ringy imo. atmospherics are great tho, nice work :)

those drums would work well with fast punchy basslines, neuro style, but for liquid, they need bigger tails, having said that, the mixdown is a bit wonky, it could be that it will glue together nicely with a better mixdown, your bass is very prominant around the same freqz as the snare, which leaves the snare sounding to ringy imo. atmospherics are great tho, nice work :)

What do you mean exactly with bigger tails? :)

Do you think the drums are more suitable for 'normal' dnb?

its hard to say really, the crossover between the bass and the snare makes it difficult to really get a clear picture of whats going on, take a big notch out of the bass at 200hz, and it should open up the mix quite a bit so u can mix it down better, my first thought when i heard it was very punchy drums, now i'm not sure, i think its that bass/snare crossover messing things up so it doesnt fit quite right

its hard to say really, the crossover between the bass and the snare makes it difficult to really get a clear picture of whats going on, take a big notch out of the bass at 200hz, and it should open up the mix quite a bit so u can mix it down better, my first thought when i heard it was very punchy drums, now i'm not sure, i think its that bass/snare crossover messing things up so it doesnt fit quite right

Already cut the 200hz from the bass, but i think i solved it now, I took down the bass a little in 3 parts. The volume of the bass was sort of unstable when it changed notes. Im uploading the new track now, it's alot better.

Last edited:
Yeah Miszt has hit the nail on the head!

There's nothing wrong with the actual drums, they sound great. But they just dont suit this style of DnB. For real liquid stuff you need soft, subtle drums that still punch through enough, but not too much.

you got lots of stuff in there that would make a cool liquid tune but a lot of the elements sound too dry for me and not dreamy enough. your tune tho man.

also with everyone else on the drums...get an amen in there

Never looked at it that way :) I think i'll turn this into a 'normal' dnb tune then but with some liquid aspects (Netsky's escape and secret agent). Thanks for the feedback guys, i will experiment some more :)

post up wen ya done :)

...the 200hz I refererd to earlier, might not be dead on 200hz, it depends on the snare, could be anywhere from 150-250hz, need to sweep thru on your eq to find the right spot(s)

Back
Top Bottom