Lost In Music

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Ez all forum dwellers & lurkers it's been a while since I actually posted anything decent on here so I'll have a go now shall I.
Basically the reason for me posting is if I'm honest I think I'm starting to lose touch with drum & bass as I really can't seem to be finding the tunes or the artists which satisfy my hunger for vinyl buying.
I've been listening to drum & bass since I was 15 & can remember when I bought the Ram Trilogy - Molten Beats album & I just new that this is the music which really got my heart racing & my mind focused on really falling in love with the scence. Now I don't even seem to buy any tunes or really listen out to whats coming around as I find it dare I say it to samey with alot of tunes & everything seems to have a shelf life of about 2months then it's done.
I guess what I'm asking for is for you guys to give me a bit more inspiration to get back into the scence as I don't want to drift away from it as I feel I am missing out on something which is still one of the most creative forms of music.

I'm going to Breaking Ground @ SEOne club next Saturday where Pendulum are doing a live set so I'm hoping this my add some spark to my dry musical outlet at the moment.

http://www.seonelondon.com/seonepopup.aspx?contentPopupID=41

Ez all forum dwellers & lurkers it's been a while since I actually posted anything decent on here so I'll have a go now shall I.
Basically the reason for me posting is if I'm honest I think I'm starting to lose touch with drum & bass as I really can't seem to be finding the tunes or the artists which satisfy my hunger for vinyl buying.
I've been listening to drum & bass since I was 15 & can remember when I bought the Ram Trilogy - Molten Beats album & I just new that this is the music which really got my heart racing & my mind focused on really falling in love with the scence. Now I don't even seem to buy any tunes or really listen out to whats coming around as I find it dare I say it to samey with alot of tunes & everything seems to have a shelf life of about 2months then it's done.
I guess what I'm asking for is for you guys to give me a bit more inspiration to get back into the scence as I don't want to drift away from it as I feel I am missing out on something which is still one of the most creative forms of music.

I'm going to Breaking Ground @ SEOne club next Saturday where Pendulum are doing a live set so I'm hoping this my add some spark to my dry musical outlet at the moment.

:word:

Been feeling like this for ages.

yeah totally know what you mean, go in and out of liking stuff all the time.
thing is to give yourself a break and find something else that makes your blood move! (ive posted a thread in waffle actually check it! haha finally something that makes me go yeee)
the thing is to give yourself break without feeling guilty! dnb is obv your first love and you dont wanna turn your back on her. coz if you did you might never see her again :( like with any relationship breaks can be really good! expericence other genres and once you have it all out your system you may realise your love for her (dnb) is back?
or you may find a completely new love which will be great and you will be able to look back at dnb with fondness?

dont force the love mannn haha

am i right or am i right? :oscar: ;)

It is another case of "Where has the vibe gone?"
I have been into D+B since i was breathing through a placenta and over the last few years the scene has become............
a) too segmented into genres("i like Neuro-tech not tech step and i like liquid tech but not liquid dub funk" :-/ )
b) too commercial in some respects (when people see you can make money they try and replicate "the Formula")
c) too technical: its not about the vibe of the song or the idea (people go on about not liking a song because it has too much 500hz on the snare or not enough sub or etc etc etc)

AND MOST OF ALL D) TOO NEGATIVE!!!! Why can't we all just accept that all Drum an Bass is good Drum an Bass and bring back the variety, it seems that people are too scared of being slated on their production that they are forced into mediocrity and standard modes of expression.
If you don't like something that's natural but to wipe a whole producers work, a style of music or a certain sound off the record because it is not your cup of tea is quite narrow minded and unaccepting.
Everyone needs to remember why they started doing this music in the first place and why we all love it so much befor we destroy the legacy of D+B for the next generation.
Rant over.............:borat:

I think try some of the Dubstep and UK underground stuff...Much of which grew from DNB...

I too feel like this, but my love of DNB and the energy it brings, and the variety of styles is stronger than any tempoary disinterest / boredom...

But. I've also had like 2 months before now when I don't feel like listening to any music in particular...

For me personally, music comes and goes, but I'll always come back to DnB...

:)

Cant say i have stopped listening to DnB but my tastes have really matured. I grew up listening to the early Virus / Metalheadz / Bad Company. Need i say more, I'm sure you all get the drift.

More and more i am leaning into the sounds of Calibre, Alix Perez, & Redeyes. I am certainly enjoying the more sublime "elevator DnB". I never really went in the direction of pendulum, G Dub, or Clipz. So to Fozzy, I agree that diversity is the key. I'm sure i would have lost interest in the scene entirely if it all split in the direction of Pendulum & G Dub.

So Sayber, dont beat yourself up of your favorite artists. Explore new things. Dubstep may be a good transition?

Yep...

If I get bored / less interested in DnB I listen to other stuff...

Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album, booty (www.myspace.com/freezedabootyhunter !) and quality UK Hiphop like Chemo / Manage & Stig (myspace.com/brknk for Chemo links) usually do it for me!

Good musics good music, tastes and people change and grow...

Cheers people that's why I love this forum theirs always an answer to the question you ask.
I'm into alot of music my variety spreads from Venetian Snares, to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Talib Kweli, Doves, Foo Fighters & 1001 other bands, groups, & solo artists from hip hop & rock backgrounds.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I do take time away from drum & bass but whenever I come back nothing seems to stand out again it seems stale I just don't want to be missing out on anything but I can't see anything capturing my attention.
I'll start checking some dubstep artists can you recommend any?

Everyone has different attention spans towards the things they love. You've listen to drum n bass for eight years. Thats a long time to be dedicated to one genre of dance music. Generally when i start to feel like that, i take it as a sign to look elsewhere and find other interests. You've grown bored of it basically mate, thats what it sounds like anyway. Once you take a step back, in reality its formulaic. As is most dance music. Once you've got bored of that formula. It tends to go very stale for you.

Sample other music.

You might like it.

I certainly did.

Back
Top Bottom