Lost all working files. What now?

football345

So had been working on this track most of the day and FL decides to go on me. Haven't lost EVERYTHING, but my last save point was quite far back.

I have a latest 320 of the last bit i got up to. Which was pretty happy with but still needed parts adding to it.

Is there much i can do with this latest MP3 ? Or is it back to FL to try and recreate what i had?

yeh back to the ol drawing board.

Another idiotic "feature" of FL tbh, no auto-save. How hard could it be to implement?

fingers at the ready on 'cntrl s' is my auto save! fortunately I'm on ableton, which can reload a 'lost' project from your undo history... amount of times that has saved my bacon!

and football345, was it that tune you posted in the talent section recently? cos that tune was wicked, hope you still got all those massive sounds available? one thing i find when shit like this happens is it is almost impossible to re-create that 'majic' that got you to where you were... sometimes i spend all night working on a patch, then realise the next day it was better before i started, and i can never get it back :(

Yup. Ctrl + S became a habit when I started using windows 95. I don't trust or rely on auto-save. ctrl + S after every change. When writing an essay or something it's ctrl + S after every sentence.

fingers at the ready on 'cntrl s' is my auto save! fortunately I'm on ableton, which can reload a 'lost' project from your undo history... amount of times that has saved my bacon!

and football345, was it that tune you posted in the talent section recently? cos that tune was wicked, hope you still got all those massive sounds available? one thing i find when shit like this happens is it is almost impossible to re-create that 'majic' that got you to where you were... sometimes i spend all night working on a patch, then realise the next day it was better before i started, and i can never get it back :(

Yeh was this one mate. Na i made sure i saved all my sounds as soon as i hear a sound i like i save it, then retune it a bit and save a different copy.

I completely redid this tune with just in the time of posting it yesterday.

Ive used the same sounds, but changed the style of it.

Ill upload it for anyone who wants a listen

Back
Top Bottom