losing your job :(

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by snatch, Oct 22, 2009.

1. snatch

snatch Member

got told this afternoon id been let go. not happy.

took their laptop, phone and ofcourse income off me.

im hittin the job centre in about an hour, any1 got any GOOD job websites? most i seem to come across are balls.

And to top it off.. i came home thought tright ill release a bit of stress, whacked the decks on. nowon home.. yeah.. briiliant...... but i cant mix when im stressed. apparently.

:ban:

2. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Lost 2 jobs this year to the credit crunch. Fucking rubbish. Like you, in my last place they took back the laptop and BlackBerry. I was fucking gutted, especially as i was gonna 'lose' th BlackBerry and get them to order me another. Cunts...

As for job websites? Look on gumtree.com or try Reed.co.uk. Thats what i'm using at the moment. Or go to recruitment agencies. They are usually pretty good

wouldnt bother with the job centre in terms of looking for another job. Most of the stuff they have is shit.

Sorry to hear about that though man. I feel your pain!

3. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Market research companies are always recruiting, in my area anyway; www.ipsos-mori.com

You do have to be confident though.

4. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

www.totaljobs.com

Best one out there by a country mile...

Upload your CV & you can write a covering note & its one click apply all the way mate. ;)

Look in your local freepaper too, them ones you usually find at your local supermarket, every county now has a Government run website for local vacancies.

Also, if you ain't got a Criminal Record & its your kinda bag, get in touch with Royal Mail, they're aiming to recruit 100,000 people by next weekend to cover this strike.

;)

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

happened to me a while ago, i... took some time off. stayed high on everything for quite some time actually. got a soft re entry in reality by getting a job at sensiseeds.com, its really chilled. maybe too chilled even, been looking into some other jobs, might work out actually

6. krease

krease Member

yeah ive got about 2 weeks left at my job, total jokes cuz like the pay is good and ive kinda got stuff to pay for.....

im going down the del boy route and im gunna buy and sell stuff for a bit to get by, oh and of course become the number 1 producer in the uk :D:twisted:

7. chanty

chanty Active Member

feel sorry for u mean must b hectic havig to search for a mellow job in this credit crunch... been fuckin around at work and was on a final warning, had a meeting the other day to discuss my future and its not looking good. all i did was throw my boss over my shoulder cuz she sed she felt sick!... my job is kushty too, next door to my house which is good coz i got banned from driving, easy work, mostly sound ppl, paid in cash weekly, not tedious and meet nuff ppl there... i wud b fucked/stupid if i lost my job over this.... enough about me though, sorry to hear about ur situation snatch, hope u find something good soon :)

8. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Sorry to here it man, but you best bet is probly an agency

9. snatch

snatch Member

just searchin everywhereeeeeeeeee. cheers for all the links / advice n1 (y)

10. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I would try Reed.co.uk as stated above, also Venn Group if they have any offices in your area they are good for gettin you jobs